Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
This Strawberry fluff salad recipe is an easy dessert salad made with strawberry pie filling, pineapple chunks, Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, and a few other simple ingredients.
Like Snickers salad and watergate salad, this cool and creamy no bake dessert recipe is a summer potluck favorite. I have seen the classic dessert served up as both a side dish and a dessert at 4th of July and Memorial Day barbeques.
Like old-fashioned strawberry pretzel salad, this vintage strawberry dessert is also great for potlucks and holidays.
Personally, I like to serve dessert salads and fluff recipes as desserts. But with the word “salad” in their name, I see how they could really go either way.
Fluff salad recipes like marshmallow fluff fruit salad, banana split fluff, and this strawberry fluff are also great desserts for holidays and special occasions such as birthdays and baby showers. In fact, I think a baby shower was the first time I tried this delicious dessert.
Whenever and however you serve this strawberry salad dessert one thing is for sure— everyone is going to love it!
Why you will love this strawberry fluff recipe
- Light and fluffy— Perfect dessert for summer holidays and BBQs.
- No-bake recipe— The best way to make dessert in the summer heat!
- Easy to make— Simple steps with a handful of basic ingredients easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Can be made ahead— Make up to a day before in advance and refrigerate until serving.
- Travels well— Perfect recipe for potlucks! Place in a large covered bowl and you are good to go.
- Quick clean-up— Only one bowl to wash!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Strawberry pie filling— Packs the dessert with sweet strawberry flavor. I typically grab a can from the store but you could also use your own homemade strawberry pie filling.
- Sweetened condensed milk— Add sweetness and creaminess to the strawberry dessert salad.
- Cool Whip— Gives the fluffy dip it’s light and airy texture. Be sure to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using. You could also use a store-brand whipped topping or a homemade stabilized whipped cream in place of the Cool Whip.
- Sour cream— Use full-fat for the best flavor or light if you are trying to make it a bit healthier. I have seen some fluff recipes call for cottage cheese instead so you can use that instead if you prefer.
- Mini marshmallows— We used white but you could also use colored marshmallows.
- Pineapple chunks— Adds a hint of sweet tangy flavor. Not a fan of pineapple? use 2 or 3 sliced ripe bananas or a handful of shredded coconut instead.
- Pecans— Give the salad the perfect bit of crunch. You can substitute with chopped almonds or walnuts or even leave out the nuts if you wish.
- Fresh strawberries— optional, for topping
How to Make Easy Strawberry Fluff
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a large bowl, stir together the strawberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and Cool Whip.
Step 2: Fold in the pecans, pineapple chunks, and mini marshmallows.
Step 3: Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Top with fresh strawberries before serving, if desired.
How to Store
Cover any leftover salad and store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Make sure to drain the can of pineapple chunks. Don’t include the pineapple juice from the can in the salad.
- Fluff salads are very forgiving and easy recipes to switch up to better fit your desired taste or what you have in your pantry. Feel free to experiment and tweak the recipe.
- Feel free to make a double batch for large parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because this delicious desert is perfectly light and fluffy!
Yes, you can make this strawberry dessert salad in advance up to a day before you want to serve it. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
You can freeze it as well for up to three months in an airtight freezer-safe container. However, there may be some texture changes, so it’s best served fresh.
More Easy No-Bake Desserts for Summer
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Fruit Salsa
- Blueberry Delight
- No Bake Eclair Cake
- Watermelon Berry Salad
- Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Lush
- Rainbow Popsicles
Strawberry Fluff Salad
- 1 21 oz. can strawberry pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups Cool Whip thawed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh strawberries chopped, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the strawberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and Cool Whip.
- Fold in the pecans, pineapple chunks, and mini marshmallows until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, top with chopped strawberries before serving.