A cool and creamy no-bake strawberry icebox cake recipe that is easy to make with 3 ingredients and perfect for your summer parties and barbeques.
For another easy strawberry cake recipe try my strawberry poke cake.
The Best Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy summer dessert recipe it doesn’t get any easier than this no-bake strawberry cake. In fact, the easy recipe calls for just 3 simple ingredients: fresh strawberries, Cool Whip, and graham crackers.
The ingredients are layered then left to chill in the fridge. The graham crackers get soft and cake-like, resulting in a cool and creamy strawberry dessert that tastes like strawberry shortcake. Yum!
Made in a 9 x 13 pan, this easy cool whip icebox cake is perfect for a crowd as it can serve 12-16 depending on how you slice it.
Also, I love how it can be made the night before the occasion so you don’t have to worry about preparing dessert on the day of your party.
Try it for you next party or bbq for a delicious dessert that your guests will love.
For more delicious icebox cake recipes try my banana cream icebox cake, lemon icebox cake, and pistachio icebox cake recipes.
How to Make Strawberry Icebox Cake
Start by gathering your ingredients.
You will need:
- Strawberries: rinsed, patted dry, and sliced thinly
- Cool Whip: 2-8oz tubs or 1-16oz tub, thawed. Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite both work well for this recipe.
- Graham crackers: I used about 2/3 of a 14.4 oz box
This layered strawberries and cream dessert is easy to make by alternating layers of graham crackers, Cool Whip, and fresh berries.
First, spread a thin layer of Cool Whip on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Only a little bit of Cool Whip is needed, just to help keep the first layer of graham crackers in place.
Top with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking them apart as needed to fill the gaps.
Next, spoon on 1/3 of the Cool Whip and use a spatula to spread in an even layer.
Top with a layer of chopped strawberries.
Now repeat the layers twice more, for a total of 3 layers each of graham crackers, whipped topping, and strawberries.
Your final layer will be strawberries, which you can place in a decorative pattern if desired.
Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, cover, and refrigerate to enjoy later. It will keep well in the fridge for at least 4 days. I often make this no-bake icebox cake for just our little family and enjoy it over 3 or 4 days.
More easy layered dessert recipes
Strawberry Icebox Cake
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 8 oz tubs whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 16 oz box graham crackers
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spread a very thin layer of Cool Whip on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Top with a layer of graham crackers, breaking the crackers as needed to fill in empty spots and create a single layer. Add 1/3 of the Cool Whip, spreading it out in an even layer. Top with 1/3 of the strawberries in an even layer. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with a layer of strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours before serving.
- You will have leftover graham crackers, as this recipe doesn't use the whole box.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
I can’t wait to try this recipe! I mean look at how beautiful it is. Plus, who can say no to an icebox cake