An easy sausage dip recipe made with only 3 ingredients: sausage, Rotel, and cream cheese!
When it comes to party dips, you can’t beat this thick and zesty rotel sausage dip with cream cheese. It takes minutes to make and is always a crowd-pleaser.
For another tasty cream cheese dip recipe, give our crockpot buffalo chicken dip a try!
Whenever I bring this creamy, spicy dip to a patry people ask me for the recipe. And they never can believe it when I tell them how quick and easy it is.
- 15 minutes
- 3 ingredients
- 3 easy steps
You don’t even have to measure any of the ingredients!
For another easy 3-ingredient appetizer try crockpot little smokies.
Speaking of ingredients, here is what you need:
- Sausage – One pound bulk ground pork sausage. I like using Jimmy Dean hot sausage but you can choose your favorite brand.
- Rotel – One can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies. Do not drain!
- Cream cheese – One 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, cubed (to help it melt quicker).
How to Make Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- Brown and crumble the sausage. Drain off fat if necessary.
- Stir in the Rotel and cream cheese.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
Check out my sausage cream cheese dip story for an overview of the recipe as well.
Extra creamy – Prefer a less chunky dip? Use 2 packages of cream cheese and leave all the other ingredients the same.
Turn down the heat – Opt for mild sausage and/or Rotel to bring down the level of spice.
Keep warm all night – Making the dip for game day or for a party where guests will be snacking on it throughout the evening? Serve in a crockpot to keep the dip the perfect temperate all evening.
Storage – If you are lucky enough to have any sausage rotel dip leftover you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and enjoy.
More easy appetizers for a crowd
- Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly
- Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip Bites
- Easy Layered Taco Dip
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, hot or mild
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, original
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Drain off any fat.
- Add Rotel and cream cheese, stirring until melted and heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.