An easy cream cheese rotel dip recipe made with only 3 ingredients: sausage, Rotel, and cream cheese!
When it comes to party dips, you can’t beat this thick and zesty rotel sausage dip with cream cheese. The easy 3-ingredient dip recipe takes minutes to make and is always a crowd-pleaser.
Serve this easy appetizer recipe up at your next gathering and it is sure to be the hit of the party!
For another tasty cream cheese dip recipe, give our crockpot buffalo chicken dip a try! It is another one of my favorite dip recipes.
Whenever I bring this creamy, spicy dip to a party people ask me for the recipe. And they never can believe it when I tell them how quick and easy it is.
- 15 minutes
- 3 ingredients
- 3 easy steps
You don’t even have to measure any of the ingredients!
For another easy 3-ingredient appetizer try crockpot little smokies.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Speaking of ingredients, here is what you need:
- Sausage – One pound bulk ground pork sausage. I like using Jimmy Dean hot sausage but you can choose your favorite brand. Ground beef works too.
- Rotel – One can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies. Do not drain!
- Cream cheese – One 8 ounce brick of cream cheese, cubed (to help it melt quicker). You can substitute with velveeta cheese or use a combination of the two.
How to Make Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- Brown and crumble the sausage. Drain off fat if necessary.
- Stir in the Rotel and cream cheese.
- Serve warm with frito scoops, veggie sticks, or tortilla chips for dipping.
Check out my sausage cream cheese dip story for an overview of the delicious dip recipe as well.
If you are lucky enough to have any sausage rotel dip leftover you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and enjoy.
Recipe tips and variations
Extra creamy – Prefer a less chunky dip? Use 2 packages of cream cheese and leave all the other ingredients the same.
Extra cheesy – Add a cup or half cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Turn down the heat – Swap spicy sausage for mild sausage and/or original Rotel for mild Rotel to bring down the level of spice in your party dip.
Keep warm all night – Making the dip for game day or for a party where guests will be snacking on it throughout the evening? Serve in a small crock pot set to “warm” to keep the dip the perfect temperate all evening.
How to Make Sausage Cream Cheese Rotel Dip in the Slow Cooker
Prefer to make the dip in your crockpot rather than on the stove top? Just follow these simple directions:
- In a small slow cooker, combine 1 pound of browned sausage, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes & green chiles, and 8 ounces of cubed cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour or until the cream cheese is all melted, uncovering and stirring about every 15-20 minutes.
- Once melted and heated through, transfer the dip to a serving bowl or set the crockpot to the “warm” or “low” setting and serve right from the crockpot.
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Recipe FAQ
Yes! Instead of sausage stir the Rotel tomatoes and cream cheese into 1 pound of browned beef. You can season the hamburger meat with a little bit of taco seasoning or a 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder to add a bit more heat.
Sure! You can use 8 ounces of cubed velveeta cheese instead of cream cheese in this easy sausage dip recipe. Or combine velvetta and cream cheese for an extra cheesy dip!
No, do not drain the rotel tomatoesu002du002d add everything including the juices to the dip.
More easy appetizers for a crowd
- Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly and BBQ Sauce
- French Onion Chip Dip
- Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip Bites
- Mississippi Sin Dip
- Easy Layered Taco Dip
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Cream Cheese Rotel Dip
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, hot or mild
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, original (undrained)
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add Rotel and cream cheese, stirring until melted and heated through.
- Serve warm with chips for dipping.
- In a small slow cooker, combine the browned sausage, Rotel, and cubed cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 1 hour, uncovering and stirring about every 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese melted and heated through, transfer the dip to a serving bowl or set the crockpot to the “warm” or “low” setting and serve right from the crockpot.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.