Creamy, cheesy, spicy buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers make a tasty hot appetizer recipe perfect for parties and game day eats.
Sure buffalo chicken dip is delicious on it’s own. And jalapeno poppers make a fantastic appetizer.
But what if you could combine the two into one absolutely amazing appetizer recipe?
Well my friends, I am here to tell you that you can. And should!
Meet buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers.
For another tasty twist on jalapeno poppers try these crowd-pleasing jalapeno popper deviled eggs.
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
If you like buffalo chicken wings and jalapeno poppers you are going to go crazy for these hot buffalo chicken stuffed jalapeno poppers.
I would bet that you would love this jalapeño popper chicken casserole as well!
Like fried pickles, grape jelly meatballs, and bacon spinach dip bites, they are easy to make, packed with flavor, and great for enjoying on the couch while you watch some football, baseball, 90 Day Finance, or whatever you are in to.
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients
Here is what you will need:
- jalapenos – large jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and with seeds and ribs scooped out
- cream cheese – left out at room temperature to soften
- shredded chicken – I like to make shredded chicken in my crockpot but leftover cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the store works well too.
- cheese – I like to use a combination of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese — but feel free to use either/or.
- green onion – sliced thinly
- buffalo wing sauce – I prefer Franks Red Hot but you can use your favorite brand.
- ranch dressing – blue cheese works well too
- garlic powder
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
It really doesn’t get much easier than this jalapeño appetizer recipe.
- Make the buffalo chicken filling – mix everything (except the jalapeño themselves) together in a large bowl
- Stuff peppers – spoon filling into peppers and arrange on a baking sheet (or two)
- Bake – for 18-20 minutes
Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Safety first: Wear gloves when cutting and seeding the peppers and please, whatever you do, do not touch your eyes!
- How to store leftovers: Although buffalo chicken poppers are best served warm and freshly baked, you can store any leftover poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
- Prep ahead: Make the filling and stuff the peppers up to 24 hours ahead of time, then pop them in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Customize the heat: Adjust the level of spiciness to taste by adding more or less hot sauce.
- Dip ’em: Serve with ranch or blue cheese for dipping. Or drizzle a bit over the top of each popper.
- Extra cheese: Sprinkle an additional ¼ cup of shredded cheese over the stuffed jalapeño peppers to give them a thick cheesy crust on top.
- For bacon lovers: Top with crumbled bacon before baking for a real treat.
If you enjoy these buffalo chicken poppers I bet that you would love our buffalo chicken cheese balls and buffalo chicken mac and cheese recipe as well!
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 15 large jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mix well to combine all of the ingredients except the jalapenos.
- Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture into each halved jalapeno.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the filling has started to bubble and the jalapenos have softened. Serve warm.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply