These easy-to-make, no bake, green Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats are sure to be the hit of the dessert table this Christmas– especially with the kids!
Isn’t it fun to make treats that look like something seasonal and festive?
While we all love Rice Krispie Treats, there’s something fun about shaping them into something festive, like Santa hats or these cute little Christmas tree Rice Krispie Treats.
It just takes the treats over the top and makes them even more fun, especially for the children.
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Like our Christmas Tree Cupcakes, Christmas Tree Strawberries, and Christmas Tree Meringues, these green Christmas tree Rice Krispie treats are so much fun to make and even more fun to eat.
While this Christmas tree Rice Krispie treat recipe calls for sprinkles, you could also try using red and green mini M&Ms to decorate your trees. Have fun with decorating and get creative.
You could even let the kids decorate their own Rice Krispie treat Christmas trees. This would be a great way for the kids to unleash some creativity. I bet designing their own treats would make them enjoy eating them even more as well.
How to Make Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Start by gathering your ingredients: Rice Krispies Cereal, butter, mini marshmallows, green gel food coloring, Christmas sprinkles, and pretzel sticks.
You will also need a 9 x 13 pan, Christmas Tree cookie cutter, and wax or parchment paper.
Making Rice Krispie Christmas Trees is easy:
- Melt butter and marshmallows
- Add food coloring and rice cereal
- Press into pan, add sprinkles, and chill
- Cut into tree shapes and insert pretzel sticks
Of course, will find more detailed directions included on the printable recipe card below.
I hope that you and your family enjoy this fun and easy Christmas Rice Krispie Treat recipe!
More Kid-Friendly Christmas Treats
- Grinch Punch
- Christmas Popcorn Balls
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Sugar Cookie Pudding Cups
- Easy Reindeer Brownies
- Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
- Reindeer Cupcakes
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into chunks
- Green gel food coloring
- Pretzel sticks, broken to about 3/4 of original size
- Holiday sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and a few drops green gel food coloring, stirring until well combined. Add more food coloring if necessary to reach desired color.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 pan. Using wax or parchment paper, press mixture down evenly into pan. Sprinkle with Holiday sprinkles. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Using a Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut trees out of cooled treats, as close together as possible.
- Use a toothpick to make a hole in the base of each treat for the pretzel stick. Insert pretzel sticks into treats.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
These Christmas treats were shared on The Weekend Potluck!
Kathleen Bailey says
You’re right, they look so much more fun to eat when they are green and shaped like a tree. How fun to make too.
Paula Pennachio says
These will be fun to make with my niece. Thank you
Yes please! I needed an idea for our holiday party. I love it!
These are adorable! They would make a great treat to give during the holidays.
These are so cute. I will be making these for my grandchildren this year. Thank you for sharing.