Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make for the kids this Christmas using a traditional Rice Krispies Treat recipe and just adding a few decorations!
Rice Krispie treats are a holiday favorite. They’re easy, fun to make with the kids, and delicious.
Psssst! Have you tried my recipe for the best rice krispie treats ever? If you haven’t you probably should 🙂
This Christmas, why not take them over the top? You and your kids can have fun turning those everyday Rice Krispie Treats into something fun and festive.
If you visit Crayons & Cravings often, you will know that I am quite the decorated Rice Krispie Treat fan.
Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
These Santa Hat Rice Krispie treats are just as easy to make as the traditional ones.
Sure, there are a few more steps, but I can assure you that there is nothing complicated about this recipe.
This is the type of easy Christmas recipe that would be perfect for the kids to make during the week leading up to Christmas Day — or even over Christmas break.
Either way, your kids will love making and decorating these Santa hat treats.
The best part is, fun recipes like this are an excellent way to get kids interested in cooking and baking!
Rice Krispie Santa Hats Ingredients & Supplies
First, gather the necessary ingredients:
You will also need the following supplies:
If you do not have a triangle cookie cutter, you could try simply cutting your treats into triangles. The cookie cutter would just make the process easier.
How to Make Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt butter and marshmallows.
- Add food coloring and rice cereal. Press into pan and chill.
- Cut into triangle shapes.
- Dip in white chocolate and decorate.
I hope you and the littles enjoy these fun Christmas Rice Krispie Treats!
More Christmas Dessert Ideas for Kids
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Reindeer Bark
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Grinch Cake Mix Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Dip
Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tablespoons butter cut into chunks
- 10 oz + 12 mini marshmallow with 12 reserved to top Santa's hats
- Red gel food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 oz white melting chocolate
- White sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and a few drops red gel food coloring, stirring until well combined. Add more red food coloring if necessary to reach desired shade.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 pan. Using wax or parchment paper, press mixture down evenly into pan. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Using a triangle cookie cutter, cut hats out of cooled treats, as close together as possible.
- Melt white chocolate in double broiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted. Dip the bottom of each hat into the melted chocolate, forming the rim of Sant'a hat, and allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place dipped hats on a sheet or parchment or wax paper, and add sprinkles to the white rim of the hat. Allow to set.
- After the rims have set, reheat the chocolate for a few more seconds if necessary. Dip the top of each hat and immediately add a mini marshmallow. Allow to set before serving.
Pin for Later: