Santa jello cups take cups of delicious strawberry jello and dress them up as Santa with printable Santa belts, whipped cream, and sprinkles.
This Christmas, I decided to turn cups of strawberry jello into a fun holiday treat with the help of a simple printable belt (available below). The wide black belt has a gold belt buckle, just like Santa’s.
Kids and adults alike will love these fun and tasty Christmas jello cups!
Ingredients & Supplies
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Red Jello— We used Strawberry Jello but cherry or raspberry jello would work too.
- Water— used to prepare the jello.
- Whipped cream— Pairs perfectly with the fruity jello and adds to the look of the Santa snacks.
- Christmas sprinkles
- Santa’s belt printable— Download the PDF file here, print, and cut out each belt.
- Clear cups— I used 9-ounce clear Solo cups and thought they were the perfect shape to make the cups look like Santa’s belly.
How to make Santa jello cups
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Make the Jello. Bring two cups of water to a boil, remove it from the heat, and mix in the jello powder. Then, stir in two cups of cold water and pour the red jello mixture into clear cups.
Step 2: Chill. Put jello cups in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
Step 3: Add finishing touches just before serving. Tape a belt around each cup and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Jello cups can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Wait until serving to add whipped cream.
- Party ready: Use plastic cups with lids for easy transport to your holiday party.
- Make ahead: Make your Santa Jello cups the evening before your event or party so that they can chill in the refrigerator overnight. That way they will have more than enough time to set. However, you should wait to add the whipped cream and sprinkles until just before serving.
- Speed set: If you are in a hurry try the “speed set method” on the Jello box.
More Fun and Easy Christmas Treats
- Reindeer Bark
- Grinch Punch
- Christmas Cookie Dip
- Grinch Cake Mix Cookies
- Reindeer Celery Sticks
- Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes
- Christmas Puppy Chow
Santa Jello Cups
- 1 6 oz. box of Strawberry Jello
- 4 cups of water divided
- whipped cream for topping
- sprinkles for topping
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and add Jello mix, whisking until the jello is fully dissolved. Stir in 2 cups of cold water and pour the Jello mixture into clear cups.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, wrap a paper Santa's belt around each cup. Secure with a piece of tape.
- Top with whipped cream and Christmas sprinkles.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.