Garlic ranch pretzels are easy to make with ranch mix, popcorn oil, and seasonings. They are packed with flavor and a perfect snack to munch on for game day, parties, or movie nights. Crunchy and perfectly seasoned, I bet you won’t be able to eat just one!
I noticed that many pretzel recipes are either sweet or spicy. But sometimes I get a craving for savory pretzels. That is where this garlic ranch pretzel recipe comes in.
The buttery, garlic ranch flavor pairs perfectly with the salty pretzels for the ultimate savory snack. The simple snack recipe will be a hit with the whole family any time of year.
Before you know it, these will become one of your family’s favorite snacks, too.
Why you’ll love this Garlic Ranch Pretzels Recipe
- Perfectly seasoned and packed with flavor.
- One of the best snacks for parties – one batch is enough for 16 people!
- The easy snack recipe takes just 5 minutes to make.
- A delicious snack for any time of year- from football season to holiday parties.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Pretzel twists – Use your favorite brand of pretzels for this recipe.
- Ranch seasoning – Using a ranch dressing mix packet (I used Hidden Valley Ranch) is a quick and easy way to get that delicious flavor we know and love.
- Additional seasonings – garlic powder, onion powder, and dill weed round out the ranch packet for a perfect pretzel seasoning blend.
- Popcorn oil – Coats the pretzels and helps the seasoning stick. Popcorn oil has a great buttery flavor but you can use another oil if you prefer.
- Large bowl with lid – Using a bowl with a cover makes it easy to mix everything together. All you have to do is cover the bowl and shake, shake, shake. I have heard that others have success with a gallon size bag as well but haven’t tried it myself.
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to make Garlic Ranch Pretzels
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Place pretzels into a large bowl that has a lid. Add the seasonings, cover the bowl, and shake.
Step 3: Uncover and pour the oil over the pretzels. Cover and shake again.
Step 4: Uncover the bowl and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Shake a few more times to make sure they are all coated evenly.
Step 5: Allow your seasoned pretzels to dry and they will be ready to enjoy.
Store your garlic ranch seasoned pretzels in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Additions and Variations
- Looking to add some heat? Add a bit of cayenne pepper.
- Swap the oil. I like the buttery flavor of popcorn oil but coconut oil, olive oil, or canola oil can be used instead. This will change the flavor, however.
- Swap the pretzels. Try the recipe with oyster crackers or other bite-sized crackers.
Buying read made ranch seasoning is quicker, but you can make your own ranch seasoning instead if you prefer.
Yes, these ranch seasoned pretzels store well at room temp in an airtight container for one week.
It shouldn’t take long for the oil to dry at room temperature but if you are in a hurry you can spread them onto a baking sheet and bake at 200°F for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
More easy snack recipes
- Ritz churro bites
- Caramel apple nachos
- Alabama fire crackers
- Monster energy balls
- Cream cheese fruit dip
Garlic Ranch Pretzels
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 16 ounces mini pretzel twists
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning, 1 envelope
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ cup popcorn oil
- Place the pretzels in a large bowl that has a sealed cover.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the pretzels. Cover the bowl and shake until the pretzels are well coated.
- Pour oil over the pretzels cover and shake again.
- Open and stir gently, tossing the pretzels and scraping the seasonings from the bottom of the bowl.
- Once pretzels are fully coated, allow them dry and they will be ready to store or enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.