Your fruit platters just got an upgrade! Satisfy your sweet tooth with this creamy fruit dip that pairs perfectly with fruit and cookies. Made with cream cheese, marshmallow creme, vanilla, and orange zest, it’s so easy to whip up a batch for a party or get together in minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet dip for your next party or just something to munch on while watching TV, this cream cheese fruit dip recipe is just what you need! Made with just four simple ingredients, it’s both easy and delicious. For another cream cheese fruit dip recipe try this raspberry cream cheese dip recipe.
Seriously, you can whip this up in just 5 minutes, so it’s perfect for summer cookouts, for hungry guests that pop up at the last moment, or a kid-friendly after-school snack. Go ahead and give it a try with your favorite fresh fruit or crunchy cookies—you won’t be disappointed!
And if you enjoy sweet dips like this one, try our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip made with cream cheese, brown sugar, and lots of chocolate chips. Or how about this Reese’s Cheesecake Dip for all you peanut butter lovers?
For now, let’s get to the absolute best fruit dip ever, shall we?
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Cream cheese— Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature before making the dip. It will be much easier to work with and will help you avoid clumps. You can use light cream cheese if you’d like to save a few calories.
- Marshmallow fluff— This is what sweetens this easy fruit dip recipe and makes it super creamy.
- Pure vanilla extract— Just a splash of vanilla elevates the flavor and pairs perfectly with so many different kinds of fruit. You can use imitation vanilla if you don’t have vanilla extract on hand.
- Orange zest— A bit of orange zest brightens up the flavor! Substitute a tablespoon of orange juice concentrate if you prefer.
Equipment You’ll Need
You’ll need a large bowl and an electric hand mixer to make this marshmallow fruit dip. Arrange the dip and fruit in a fruit tray to make it look pretty! Or, serve it in small bowls along with fruit kabobs so everyone has their own individual portions.
How to Make Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, marshmallow cream, vanilla extract, and orange zest together at low speed until smooth and well incorporated.
Step 2: Serve chilled with your favorite fruit.
What should you serve with this Cream Cheese Dip? Here are some of our favorite fruits, cookies, and crackers that go perfectly with it:
- Apple slices
- Pineapple spears
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Sugar cookies
- Pound cake
You could even smooth it on your muffins, pancakes, waffles, or banana bread for an extra-sweet touch in your breakfast.
Storage and Freezing
How long does cream cheese fruit dip last in the fridge?
Store this cream cheese fruit dip covered in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze cream cheese fruit dip?
I do not recommend freezing it because the ingredients will get watery upon thawing.
Tips and Tricks
- Start with room temperature cream cheese and marshmallow fluff for easier blending. Remove the cream cheese at least an hour before making the dip.
- Sub the orange zest with lemon zest if you prefer lemons.
- Let the fruit dip chill for at least an hour to bring out the citrus flavor of the orange zest. It’ll be even better the next day!
- For an even fluffier dip, mix in an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip with the other ingredients.
Additions and Variations
Chocolate fruit dip: Skip the orange zest and add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips for a chocolatey version. Or for an extra light and fluffy version, try our Hot Chocolate Dip made with whipped cream, cocoa mix, mini chocolate chips, and marshmallow bits.
Funfetti dip: Mix in 2-3 Tablespoons of cake mix and add colorful sprinkles to turn it into birthday cake party dip. Or you can just make our recipe for Funfetti Cake Batter Dip—it’s made with cream cheese, funfetti cake mix, whipped cream, milk, vanilla, and sprinkles. Remember to heat the unprepared cake mix for 90-120 seconds before adding it to the dip. Though it’s not common, uncooked flour in cake mix can sometimes contain bacteria that cause food-borne illnesses.
Strawberry dip: Use strawberry cream cheese spread and add 2 or 3 Tablespoons of strawberry jam for a delicious fruit dip.
Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip FAQ
This dip tastes like a creamsicle or a very sweet cheesecake with a hint of citrus. It’s delicious with just about any kind of fruit you can think of!
Yes, this creamy dip is an excellent make ahead recipe. Whip some up the day or night before you plan to serve it, put it in an airtight container, and let it chill out in the fridge. Let it sit at room temperature 15-20 minutes before serving so it’s nice and u0022dippable.u0022
Recipes made with dairy products like cream cheese don’t hold up well when frozen. Although it’s safe to eat if stored in the freezer (for up to 3-4 weeks), the consistency will become watery and grainy.
Marshmallow fluff or marshmallow cream (or creme) is almost always in or near the baking aisle, but if you don’t find it there, try the area near the peanut butter or where ice cream toppings are found.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes
If you enjoyed this delicious dip, you’ll also like:
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars – There’s no need to turn on your oven this summer when you can whip up these delicious no-bake bars in a jiffy.
- No-Bake Fruit Pizza – An easy graham cracker crust is topped with sweetened cream cheese and fresh fruit for a yummy dessert kids and adults alike will love.
- Blueberry Delight – It’s a cool, creamy no-bake dessert made with layers of whipped cream, blueberry pie filling, and sweetened cream cheese in a buttery graham cracker crust.
- Strawberry Fluff Salad – With strawberry pie filling, pineapple chunks, whipped cream, and marshmallows, you can’t beat this fruity no-bake dessert for summer barbecues.
- Watergate Salad – It’s a holiday favorite, but you can enjoy it any time of year! Pistachio pudding paired with pineapple, marshmallows, pecans, and whipped cream is a delightfully tasty combination.
- Grape Salad – A light and refreshing summer dessert made with fresh grapes in a creamy yogurt-based dressing.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 7-ounce tub marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Tablespoon orange zest
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, and orange zest together until smooth and well incorporated.
- Serve chilled with your favorite fresh fruit.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.