This Ocean Water Cocktail is a fruity and refreshing cocktail perfect for hot summer days. Popular for its pineapple and coconut flavors, made a beautiful blue from the blue curacao, and topped with some fun Swedish Fish, this cocktail is perfect for summer time and pool parties.
It doesn’t matter if you’re making this Ocean Water alcoholic drink for a party, or just for yourself, this tasty pineapple coconut drink is sure to be a winner. If you’re looking for more drinks that are fruity and can transport you to the beach with just one sip, try a Frozen Pina Colada, Peach Sangria, or a Caribbean Rum Punch, they’re sure to do the trick!
If this cocktail drink sounds like something you’d like, I bet you would also like my kid and family-friendly, Sonic Copycat Ocean Water.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Coconut water— you can use your favorite brand of coconut water, or a flavored coconut water, pineapple coconut water would be yummy
- Pineapple juice— brings a sweet flavor
- Blue Curacao— brings the blue color and a hint of sweet orange flavor
- Coconut rum— use your favorite brand, I used Malibu.
- Swedish fish— optional, but fun!
- Measuring cups or jigger
- Cocktail mixing glass
How To Make an Ocean Water Cocktail
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1. Pour coconut water, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and coconut rum into a cocktail mixing glass.
Step 2. Stir to combine.
Step 3. Serve over ice with Swedish fish or your favorite garnishes.
Typically, this drink is garnished with Swedish Fish, but you can also add fresh pineapple chunks, cherries, or even an orange or lime slice.
If you want to elevate the summery blue cocktail further you can rim the glasses with coarse sugar, blue sanding sugar, or coconut flakes. Use a pineapple chunk to moisten the rim to keep with the flavor theme.
If making a large batch for a party, store in a pitcher in the refrigerator. Don’t store it with ice cubes, as they’ll dilute the cocktail as they melt.
Wait to pour over ice until ready to serve.
Store leftover spiked ocean water in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Make ahead. You can make this drink ahead of time, earlier in the day before serving. Just make sure to store it properly. Best enjoyed the same day you make it.
- Wait to garnish and ice. Adding ice too soon before serving and enjoying will water down the drink and the garnish will start to deteriorate.
- Make popsicles. If you increase the Ocean Water Cocktail recipe and make enough to have extra, you can freeze it to make boozy popsicles. To make kid-friendly popsicles, use this kid-friendly Ocean Water recipe.
- Use for a Shark Week party. Planning a Shark Week watching party with friends? Serve these cocktails with gummy sharks instead of Swedish Fish and add a squirt of grenadine to keep with the theme.
Ocean Water Cocktail: Frequently Asked Questions
Pineapple juice, coconut water, blue curacao, and coconut rum.
You can substitute the coconut rum for regular white rum. However, I would recommend adding simple syrup because the coconut rum adds a sweetness that you’ll be missing otherwise.
Yes, you can easily double or even triple this recipe to make a larger batch.
Yes, you can make this easy Ocean Water alcohol cocktail up to 12 hours in advance. Be sure to store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve and enjoy.
More Pool Party Drink Ideas
Planning the perfect summer pool party? Whip up a batch of these Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots or Shark Attack Jello Shots and wow your guests with these Frozen Mermaid Margaritas or Blue Lagoon Margaritas!
Ocean Water Cocktail
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 ounces ¼ cup coconut water
- 2 ounces ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 ounces ¼ cup blue curacao
- 1 ounce 2 Tablespoons coconut rum
- Pour coconut water, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and coconut rum into a cocktail mixing glass.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice with Swedish fish or your favorite garnishes.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply