Caribbean rum punch is a sweet and refreshing summer cocktail full of tropical flavor. Made with light and dark rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and grenadine, the fruity cocktail is perfect for summer parties.
One sip of this tropical cocktail and you will feel like you are lying on a beautiful Caribbean beach with the sand in between your toes and a soft ocean breeze, just like a Pina Colada.
Also known as Jamaican rum punch, the orange and pineapple punch isn’t only for summertime.
Stuck inside in the winter and longing for vacation? Make some rum punch!
Craving a sweet and fruity cocktail to enjoy while binging your favorite series? Bring on the Caribbean rum punch!
You really can’t go wrong when it comes to this tasty Caribbean cocktail recipe.
By the way, did you know September 20th is National Rum Punch Day? Well, now you do. And you have a great recipe to celebrate with this year!
This recipe makes a single serving but the recipe can be scaled up for serving a crowd. So do not hesitate to serve it up in a large punch bowl at your next party. Your guests will thank you!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Fruit juices: orange juice, pineapple juice, and lime juice
- Light rum
- Dark rum
Garnish the pineapple and orange cocktail with one or more of the following:
- fresh orange wheel
- pineapple wedge
- maraschino cherry
How to Make Caribbean Rum Punch
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1. Fill a glass with ice.
Step 2. Add OJ, pineapple juice, lime juice, light rum, and dark rum. Give it a stir.
Step 3. Top with a generous splash of grenadine.
Step 4. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, pineapple wedge, and/or orange wheel.
Rum Punch Variations and Tips
- Frozen rum punch: blend the ingredients with ice to make a frozen cocktail.
- For a crowd: this recipe can be easily scaled up to make a pitcher or serve in a punch bowl.
- Keep it cool: make pineapple or orange juice ice cubes to help keep the punch cold without watering it down.
- Don’t have grenadine? You can use the juice from the jar of maraschino cherries in a pinch!
- Make it stronger: use less juice or add a little more rum.
- Make it less strong: use less rum or add more juice.
Frequency Asked Questions
Yes. Combine the juices and rums and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Stir and add a splash of grenadine before serving.
You sure can. Just substitute either the light or dark rum with the coconut rum.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes for Summer
- Raspberry vodka lemonade
- Hawaiian margarita
- Creamsicle cocktail
- Peach sangria
- Frozen watermelon margarita
- Strawberry jello shots
- Frozen peach margaritas
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) orange juice
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) pineapple juice
- ½ ounce (1 Tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) light rum
- 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) dark rum
- ¼ ounce (½ Tablespoon) grenadine
- fresh orange wheel, pineapple wesge, and maraschino cherry, optional, for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add orange juice, pineapple juice, light rum, dark rum, and a splash of grenadine
- Garnish with a fresh orange wheel, pineapple wedge, and/or maraschino cherry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.