This grape salad with yogurt features crisp green and red grapes tossed in a creamy yogurt and cream cheese dressing topped with crunchy pecans and a little bit of brown sugar. The easy recipe takes minutes to make and is a perfect side dish or dessert salad for BBQs, potlucks, or special occasions.
If you are looking for a grape salad recipe without sour cream, you have come to the right place. This salad has a sweetened cream cheese and Greek yogurt dressing that pairs perfectly with the crisp, fresh grapes. Crushed pecans add just the right amount of crunch for a truly delicious treat.
Fruit salads like this creamy grape salad recipe are perfect at any time of the year but there is something refreshing and delicious about a fruit salad that makes them perfect for hot summer days. For more summer fruit salad recipes try my orange fluff salad, fresh watermelon fruit salad or apple Snickers salad– all 3 dessert salad recipes are also easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.
Or for more of my favorite grape recipes check out jello candied grapes or this easy chicken salad with grapes and pecans.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Grapes – I like to use a mix of red and green seedless grapes. Of course, you can use only green grapes if you prefer a green grape salad.
- Cream cheese – Whipped cream cheese adds a savory flavor to the creamy dressing for the sweet grapes. Be sure to leave your cream cheese at room temperature to soften up before beginning.
- Plain Greek yogurt – Adds a sharp, yet sweet flavor to the dressing. Vanilla Greek yogurt can be used instead if desired.
- Granulated sugar – Adds sweetness to the Greek yogurt dressing. Feel free to use less sugar or add more to suit your preferences.
- Vanilla extract – Adds flavor to the sweet cream cheese mixture.
- Pecans and brown sugar – Combine to form a topping to add texture and crunch to the delicious salad.
How to make the easy grape salad recipe
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Add the dressing ingredients to a large mixing bowl: cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat together until smooth and combined. Taste the yogurt mixture and add more sugar, if desired.
Step 2: Stir grapes into the cream cheese dressing, making sure all the grapes are completely covered.
Step 3: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the grape salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Step 4: When ready to serve, mix the brown sugar and crushed pecans together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the salad and serve.
Note: You can choose to sprinkle the mixture over individual portions or over the whole bowl.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container or tightly covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer: This grape salad is not suitable for freezing as it won’t thaw well.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- The simple salad recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature as this will make it easier to whip and make the dressing.
- Wait to add the pecans and brown sugar topping until you are ready to serve so that it stays crunchy.
Additions & Variations
- Sour cream. Switch out the cream cheese for sour cream. If you can’t get any cream cheese (or just don’t care for it) then sour cream is a great option.
- Cool Whip. Add a little bit of cool whip to the cream cheese mixture. Cool whip will add extra sweetness.
- Walnuts. Crunchy walnuts are a great alternative to pecans.
- Granola. Skip the nuts and sprinkle granola over the top for a bit of crunch.
- Lightened-up. Use light cream cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, and less or no sugar for a healthier grape salad.
FAQs for Grape Salad
Yes, the grapes can be cut in half for this easy grape salad recipe. This is worth doing if younger children will be enjoying the salad as well.
Grape salad with Greek yogurt can be made the day before your event. In fact, I think it tastes even better the next day after chilling overnight. However, you should wait to add the brown sugar and pecan topping until just before serving.
More Delicious Dessert Salad Recipes
- Strawberry fluff salad
- Watergate salad
- Strawberry pretzel salad
- Marshmallow fruit salad
- Blueberry fluff salad
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 ½ pounds grapes, washed and dried, approximately 4 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons crushed pecans
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract. Taste and adjust sweetness to personal taste.
- Stir in the grapes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until serving.
- Before serving, stir the brown sugar and crushed pecans together. Sprinkle over the top of the grape salad (either on the full bowl or on individual servings) and serve.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply