Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
This Chocolate Pudding Dip recipe is a decadent and creamy dessert dip, made with instant chocolate pudding mix, milk, whipped topping, mini chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs.
Dessert dips, like my cannoli dip, Reese’s cheesecake dip, and Funfetti cake batter dip, are very popular and for good reason. They’re easy to make and are generally no-bake desserts that don’t require that much work or time.
If you love chocolate pudding and creamy dreamy dessert dips, this easy chocolate pudding dip (aka chocolate fluff) was made with you in mind. The heavenly chocolate dip tastes like a slice of chocolate pudding pie.
If this creamy chocolate dip sounds like something you’d enjoy, or like to serve at a party, I bet you’d also enjoy my hot chocolate dip.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Chocolate pudding— the smaller size instant pudding box
- Milk— most pudding recipes call for cold milk to help form the proper pudding consistency
- Whipped topping— Give the dip its light and fluffy texture. I used Cool Whip, but you can use homemade stabilized whipped cream as a Cool Whip substitute if desired.
- Mini chocolate chips— to sprinkle on top of your chocolate pudding and cool whip dip
- Graham cracker crumbs— also for sprinkling on top
How to make chocolate pudding pie dip
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding and milk until smooth and well combined. Allow the pudding to sit until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Spoon half of the pudding into the bottom of your serving bowl.
Step 3: Fold Cool Whip into the remaining pudding. Spoon over the top of the pudding in the serving bowl.
Step 4: Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour, or until ready to serve.
Step 5: When ready to serve, top with a bit of Cool Whip and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs. Serve with graham crackers, cookies, or fruit for dipping.
Leftover chocolate pudding dip should be stored in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What to dip
Wonding what to dip in chocolate pudding dip?
I love to dip graham crackers because it tastes like a slice of chocolate pudding pie. But have fun with it. The dipper ideas are endless!
Here are a few more ideas:
- Graham crackers, animal crackers, or other types of sweet crackers
- Oreos, Nilla wafers, or other types of cookies
- Fresh fruit (like strawberries, grapes, clementines, apple slices, etc)
- Pretzels rods or twists
Expert tips and tricks
- Refrigerate when not in use. For food safety purposes, don’t let chocolate fluff dip sit out for more than 2 hours.
- Make ahead. You can safely make this dip ahead of time earlier in the day before serving. Just be sure to store it properly.
- Don’t overmix. Be sure not to overmix or aggressively mix the pudding or you’ll end up with a runny pudding. If this happens to you, see my fix in the frequently asked questions section below.
Chocolate Pudding Dip: Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend using whole milk or 2% milk for the best taste and consistency. You can use 1%, skim, or even milk alternatives like almond milk but they may alter the consistency.
If you happened to end up with watery pudding that just didn’t set, don’t worry, there’s still hope for your chocolate pie dip. Mix in more instant pudding mix, as needed, to thicken the pudding.
Enjoy this super simple chocolate pie dip at your next get-together, potluck, or party and watch how fast your guests devour it!
More pudding mix desserts
- Pistachio pudding icebox cake
- Banana pudding popsicles
- No bake eclair cake
- Lemon pudding cookies
- Butterfinger fluff
- Banana cream cookie cups
Chocolate Pudding Pie Dip
- 1 3.9 ounce package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipped topping plus extra for topping
- 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- graham crackers cookies, pretzel, or fruit for dipping
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding and milk until smooth and well combined. Allow the pudding to sit until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon half of the pudding into the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Fold Cool Whip into the remaining pudding. Spoon over the top of the pudding in the serving bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour, or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top with a bit of Cool Whip and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs. Serve with graham crackers, cookies, or fruit for dipping.