Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Funfetti dip is a delicious, no-bake, dessert dip made using real funfetti cake mix for an authentic cake batter flavor.
If you are a big Funfetti fan like I am you will love this easy funfetti dip recipe (aka Dunkaroo dip). It is the perfect sweet dip for birthday parties and special occasions, or to simply enjoy as a sweet treat while watching a movie.
The creamy dip tastes just like funfetti cake batter– but can be enjoyed without the risks that come with consuming raw eggs and raw flour.
In addition to birthday celebrations, the cake batter dip would also be great for a princess party, unicorn party, or sleepover party.
Actually, this funfetti cake batter dip recipe would be perfect for serving at a girls’ night in with your friends. Imagine enjoying this funfetti cake dip along with some pink drinks and a good movie playing in the background. Sound like a perfect ladies’ night in to me!
Whatever the reason, everyone is going to love this yummy treat.
Why you will love this funfetti cake mix dip
- Easy 5-ingredient recipe
- Comes together in minutes
- Fun & colorful treat
- Simple ingredients
- Great option for birthday parties and special occasions
- Always a crow pleaser
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Funfetti cake mix– A box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. You will just be using the dry cake mix, not preparing it as called for on the back of the box of cake mix.
- Cream cheese– The secret ingredient for an ultra-creamy dip. Let your cream cheese sit on the countertop to come to room temperature before starting.
- Whipped topping- Cool Whip or store brand in fine. Just be sure to allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight before making your dip.
- Milk– Whole milk, low-fat milk, almond milk, or any other milk will work here. The higher the milk-fat the creamier though.
- Vanilla extract– Adds to the sweet cake batter flavor.
- Sprinkles– Although it isn’t necessary, I like to add extra sprinkles to the top of the dip before serving to dress it up a bit. We typically use rainbow sprinkles or confetti-style sprinkles.
How To Make Funfetti Dip
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: First we need to heat up (or heat-treat) the funfetti mix to ensure that the flour in it is safe to eat.
To do this, place the dry funfetti mix in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until the temperature of the mix reaches 165°F on an instant read thermometer (this should take about 90 seconds). Remove from the microwave and allow the mix to cool down on the countertop for 5 minutes before moving on.
Step 2: Place funfetti cake mix, cream cheese, vanilla, and milk in a food processor.
Pulse until the ingredients are blended together smoothly.
Step 3: Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the whipped topping using a rubber spatula.
Step 4: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top the no bake dessert dip with colorful sprinkles and serve with your favorite dippers.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing this easy dessert dip.
Fresh fruit, animal crackers, graham crackers, Teddy Grahams, vanilla wafers, and pretzels all pair well with this sweet and creamy funfetti cookie dip.
Although it is rare, the uncooked flour in cake mix can cause food-borne illness. Heating the raw cake mix until it reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer ensures that it can be enjoyed safely.
Yes, you can use an electric mixer to prepare this easy recipe in a large mixing bowl instead of using a food processor if you prefer.
The best easy dessert dips
- Cookie dough dip
- Hot chocolate dip
- Brownie batter dip
- Cream cheese fruit dip
- Cannoli dip
- Pumpkin fluff dip
- Reese’s dip
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- 15.25 ounces Funfetti cake mix unprepared
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- sprinkles for garnish
- cookies, fruit, or other "dippables" for serving for serving
- Place the dry funfetti cake mix in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until the temperature of the mix reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer (this should take about 90-120 seconds).*
- Allow the cake mix to cool on the countertop for 5 minutes. Then, add cake mix, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla to a food processor and puree until smooth and fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and fold in whipped topping.
- Place dip in a serving bowl and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, garnish with additional sprinkles. Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, or fresh fruit for dipping.
Originally posted: 12/29/2018