Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Pumpkin Fluff Dip is a tasty dessert dip made with Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
Pair the yummy fluff with graham crackers, apples, or vanilla cookies for dipping and enjoy!
Okay before we get to the recipe, you may be wondering what exactly is pumpkin fluff?
What is pumpkin fluff?
Pumpkin fluff is a cool and creamy dessert dip made with Cool Whip and pumpkin puree. It is also known as pumpkin pie dip or simply pumpkin dip.
While some pumpkin dip recipes call for cream cheese, this recipe does not. It uses whipped topping (Cool Whip) instead for a light and creamy dessert that tastes like pumpkin pie.
The easy no-bake pumpkin dessert is packed with Fall flavors and perfect for Fall parties, Thanksgiving, Halloween, or just enjoying at home while watching some movies with the family. No matter when you make it, the creamy goodness of this Fall dessert is sure to be a huge hit!
Why you will love this recipe
- Tastes like a light and creamy pumpkin pie.
- The easy no-bake recipe takes 10 minutes to prep.
- Calls for only 5 simple ingredients.
- The perfect dessert for a Fall party, Halloween party, or holiday dinner.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Cool Whip – Cool Whip or store-brand frozen whipped topping will work for this recipe. Just make sure you allow it to thaw before making the dip.
- Canned pumpkin – Make sure you are using 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. They are not the same thing.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – The smaller (3.4 oz) size box of dry pudding mix. Be sure to use instant pudding, not the cook-and-serve kind.
- Milk – I’ve used both whole, 2%, and nonfat milk for this recipe with no issues.
- Pumpkin pie spice – If you don’t have any pumpkin spice on hand you can make your own pumpkin pie spice with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon ginger.
Substitutions and Variations
- Lightened-up – Use sugar-free pudding mix and fat-free Cool Whip for a lighter dessert that is popular with some of those who follow the weight watchers diet (they call it WW pumpkin fluff).
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie – Spread dip into a pre-made pie crust for an easy chilled pie.
- Marshmallows – Add mini marshmallows to give your pumpkin dip more texture and volume.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Spread the dip between two gingersnaps and freeze for yummy pumpkin ice cream sandwiches.
- Vanilla extract – Add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Homemade stabilized whipped cream – If you can’t get your hands on a tub of Cool Whip try this easy homemade Cool Whip recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Combine pumpkin puree, pudding mix, milk, and pumpkin spice in a large bowl and mix together until smooth.
Step 2: Fold in Cool Whip.
Step 3: Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice, if desired.
Serve the fluffy pumpkin dip with graham crackers, gingersnap cookies, or your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Pumpkin pie fluff dip can be made up to 24 hours before serving. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Pumpkin Fluff Dip Recipe FAQ
I have never had enough leftover dip to try freezing the dip myself. While you technically could freeze the dip the texture may change and not be as smooth and creamy. For best results I would enjoy within the 4 days it can be refrigerated.
Sure, you can substitute the canned pumpkin with the same amount of fresh pumpkin puree.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Here are 5 more delicious pumpkin treats to try this Fall:
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Crisp
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- Place pumpkin puree, pudding mix, milk, and pumpkin spice in a large mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or fruit for dipping.