The best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies— soft, chewy, and packed with pumpkin flavor!
I love everything about Fall. Leaves turning. Sweater weather. And most of all Fall baking!
Like apple cookies, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are packed to the brim with delicious Fall flavors.
Whether you are looking for an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe or just something sweet and pumpkin-y to bake for the family this Fall, I am confident that you are going to love these soft and chewy pumpkin cookies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These perfect Fall cookies are easy to make using basic chocolate chip cookie ingredients with the addition of canned pumpkin and Fall spices.
You will need…
- melted butter
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- canned pumpkin puree
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- pumpkin pie spice
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
You will find the full recipe with ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
Egg-Free Pumpkin Cookies
You will notice that this is an egg-free recipe.
Since pumpkin puree is very moist, there is no need for eggs in the recipe.
The pumpkin binds the cookies just fine on its own!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies From Scratch
- Make the dough: Cream butter and sugar; add pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients. Add wet to dry. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill: Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. This will help the dough become less sticky and easier to work with.
- Scoop & bake: Scoop dough onto lined cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
More Pumpkin Desserts to Try
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat until just combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and pumpkin spice.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the cookie dough. Slightly flatten with the back of the scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- How to store: cover well and store at room temperature for up to one week
- Prep ahead: make the dough ahead of time, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before baking
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.