With a cinnamon swirl and a cream cheese glaze, these pumpkin spice pancakes will become a family favorite throughout the fall months and especially on Thanksgiving morning.
Let’s face it. One of our favorite things about fall is pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.
Who can get enough of those warm, rich, delicious flavors?
Coffee, muffins, cupcakes, and even popcorn are coated in this combination of spices that simply scream fall.
If you want to enjoy that tasty combination during breakfast, try these cinnamon swirl pumpkin spice pancakes with cream cheese glaze.
If you’re the type of person that loves to whip up a yummy breakfast on the weekends, you’re going to love these pancakes.
You can make the pumpkin spice pancake batter from scratch or you can just use a mix.
The real stars of the show though are the cinnamon swirl and cream cheese glaze.
Paired with a cup of coffee and a side of bacon, you’ve got a breakfast that will be the start of an amazing day.
Have a bit of time on your hands? Cook a few batches of these pancakes and freeze. You can then warm them up in the microwave or oven and make the glaze while they are heating. This allows you to enjoy this yummy breakfast even on your busiest days.
What are you waiting for? Head to the store and pick up the ingredients so you can enjoy these delicious Pumpkin Spice Pancakes this weekend!
Shop Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze Supplies:
More delicious breakfast ideas:
- Maple Walnut Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- 2 cups preferred pancake batter with half of oil/butter replaced with pumpkin puree
OR from scratch:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted - substitute 1/2 of the butter with 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- + milk, optionally, to thin out
- Start out by making the cinnamon swirl mixture. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
- Heat your pancake skillet, add oil or nonstick spray if necessary.
- Make your pancake batter by stirring together all pancake ingredients with a wooden spoon. Scoop a 1/3 to 1/2 cup portion onto the skillet.
- As the pancake starts to cook, spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a piping bag or plastic bag. Once the pancake is almost fully cooked on one side, snip off the end of the bag and add a swirl of cinnamon on top of the cooking pancake. Allow the cinnamon mixture to set for at least one minute before flipping and cooking full on the other side.
- Repeat for all pancakes. Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese glaze. You can drizzle this over the pancakes with a spoon or with an additional piping bag - your choice.
- Serve hot.