Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Check out these 25 divine red velvet desserts, all of which are decadent, delicious, and perfect for both Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
Is it just me who thinks of Steel Magnolias whenever I see red velvet cake? Every time I hear, see or think about red velvet the red velvet armadillo groom’s cake pops into my mind. If you aren’t familiar with the scene, just imagine cutting into a huge grey armadillo and seeing the blood-red cake inside.
Traditionally, red velvet describes a variety of chocolate cakes with a red or red-brown color and topped with cream cheese icing.
More recently however, red velvet has become an increasingly popular flavor and now can be found in all sorts of desserts. Red velvet cupcakes, red velvet cookies, red velvet brownies, red velvet ice cream, the list goes on and on. Pink velvet is even a thing now too – yum!
Personally, I am a sucker for red velvet and find it very hard to turn down a good red velvet treat. Red velvet cupcakes are my absolute fave.
Both Christmas and Valentine’s Day are big holidays for red velvet, as the deep red color is perfect for either holiday.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner now is the perfect time to whip up some divine red velvet desserts of your own. Take a look at the list below for 25 of my favorite red velvet dessert recipes. I am sure you will find something (or a few somethings!) that you will be dying to whip up for you are your family.
25 Divine Red Velvet Desserts
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Crayons & Cravings
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies – Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies – A Magical Mess
- Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake – Food, Folks, and Fun
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake – A Simple Pantry
- Red Velvet Cupcakes– Food, Folks, and Fun
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies – Baking Beauty
- Red Velvet Fudge – Flour on My Face
- Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Topping – Divine Lifestyle
- Double Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Shake – A Magical Mess
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Cookies – Persnickety Plates
- Red Velvet Valentine’s Day Cookies – Jamie Loves Stuff
- Red Velvet Cake Milkshake – My Organized Chaos
- Strawberry Shortcake Red Velvet Cupcakes – Kasey Trenum
- Red Velvet Cupcake Cookies – See Mom Click
- 3 Ingredient Red Velvet Cookies – A Few Shortcuts
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies – My Organized Chaos
- Dairy-Free Red Velvet Ice Cream – Extremely Good Parenting
- White Chocolate Cupcakes Stuffed with Red Velvet Oreos – Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog
- Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Cookie Bars – A Simple Pantry
- Red Velvet and Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies – DIY Candy
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies – 5 Minutes For Mom
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – A Helicopter Mom
- Red Velvet Blossoms – Baking Beauty
I hope you enjoyed this round-up of 25 red velvet desserts!
What is your favorite red velvet treat?! We would love to hear from you in the comments below.