Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
St. Patrick’s Day Oreos are a delicious and easy-to-make green St Patrick’s Day treat made with Oreo cookies and white chocolate.
For more fun and festive St Patrick’s Day ideas check out these St. Patrick’s Day desserts. Or for more St. Patrick’s Day party ideas see our collection of easy St Patrick’s Day recipes and activites.
As you all probably know by now, I am a sucker for anything covered in chocolate. So what better St. Patrick’s Day treat that chocolate-covered Oreos?
These festive green St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies are easy to make, and are the perfect dessert to serve at a St. Patrick’s Day party.
- I used a dots and stripes cookie mold that doesn’t seem to be sold anymore so I recommend using a plain cookie mold or simply dipping the cookies into a bowl of melted green chocolate.
- A set of candy dipping tools is helpful for dipping and/or drizzling melted chocolate over the top of the cookies.
- Try topping the chocolate covered oreos with St. Patrick’s Day themed sprinkles for a fun touch!
More St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- Shamrock Lollipops
- St. Patrick’s Day Green Fudge
- Shamrock Punch
- Pot of Gold Pretzels
- St. Patrick’s Day Pudding Parfaits
St. Patrick’s Day Oreos
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 2 bags Ghirardelli White Chocolate wafers
- 3-5 drops green gel food coloring
- Add chocolate wafers to the top half of a double boiler. Heat water in the lower half of the double boiler over medium heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Set aside 1/4 of the melted chocolate for the white chocolate stripes.
- Add green gel food coloring, stirring well until the designed shade of green is achieved.
- Pour a layer of the green chocolate into each of the molds (following the mold directions for the amount).
- While the chocolate in the mold is still warm, add 1 Oreo cookie to each mold.
- Pour more of the green chocolate to cover the top of the Oreo.
- Place mold on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and gently pop the chocolate covered Oreo cookies out of the mold.
- Reheat the melted white chocolate if necessary.
- Spoon melted white chocolate into a plastic baggie or pastry bag.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate on top of each of the green chocolate covered Oreo cookies.