There is no better Christmas candy recipe than some delicious Christmas crack! Easy to make with just 5 ingredients and great to serve at parties or gift to loved ones.
When it comes to making Christmas candy, Christmas crack and truffles are my go-tos.
Christmas crack is commonly known by many things as it is a cracker toffee recipe, a candy bark recipe, as well as crack. Or you can just refer to it as some heavenly Christmas candy.
Christmas crack candy
It’s crunchy, it’s salty, it’s sweet, and everything in between!
It is a real crowd-pleaser and makes a great edible Christmas gift as well! You can even customize it to include your loved ones’ favorite candies on top.
If you’re the type that loves some good holiday baking, don’t forget to include the classic Christmas candy recipes too. You might want to make two pans of this though – you’ll want to keep plenty to yourself. It’s so good!
Christmas crack recipe
The best part of all though is how easy this is to make. It only takes 15 minutes in total and is easily one of the easiest Christmas candy recipes out there! So if you’re looking for a Christmas candy that provides a variety of flavors in a bite, absolutely heavenly, all while being simple and easy…. well, this is your winner here.
Trust me, this is a MUST for your list of holiday baking.
What is candy crack?
Simply put – it’s heaven in a bite. If you aren’t familiar with candy crack, it’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet. While there are many ways to make it, it includes a salty cracker base coated in melted chocolate that is then topped with your favorite candy. A heavenly Christmas treat!
Now that you know what it is, let’s get to how to make Christmas crack!
Christmas crack ingredients
- saltine crackers
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
How to make Christmas crack
PREPARE: Prep your baking sheet and preheat the oven.
MAKE BASE: Cover the bottom of your pan a single layer of crackers.
MAKE TOFFEE LAYER: Heat the butter and brown sugar on the stovetop and let simmer for a few minutes. Pour over the crackers then bake in the oven.
ADD CHOCOLATE: Sprinkle with chocolate chips. When they begin to melt, use a spatula to spread evenly.
TOP WITH CANDY: Sprinkle with M&Ms.
SET AND BREAK: Set in the fridge or freezer. Break apart to enjoy!
Can I use other toppings and ingredients?
You sure can! Candy bark can be made in so many ways so feel free to add your own touch to it. You could try different crackers such as Ritz or graham crackers. You could use white chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate chips. Switch up the toppings and add some nuts or sprinkles. The options are endless.
How long does Christmas crack last?
This recipe will last 1-2 weeks stored in the refrigerator. Make it in advance for an upcoming party!
What is the best way to store candy crack?
I’ve found this type of recipe does best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (about 40)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and green M&Ms, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the baking sheet with an even layer of saltine crackers.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly, then let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until it begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Give the chocolate chips about 5 minutes to start to melt, then use a spatula to spread it evenly across the crackers.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms evenly across the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 3 hours or the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow it to set. Once set, remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g