Complete with green chocolate and a little red heart, these Grinch Rice Krispie Treats make the perfect snack to serve while watching the How the Grinch Stole Christmas this year.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a holiday classic, enjoyed year after year.
Make this year’s Grinch viewing extra special by making a batch of these easy yummy treats and this grinch punch for the kids to enjoy while watching the movie. They will love them!
And you will love how ridiculously easy they are to make.
How to Make Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
Start by gathering all of your ingredients and supplies.
You will need:
- RICE KRISPIES TREATS: Grab a box of premade Rice Krispies Treats to save yourself some time. Or if you are feeling ambitious, you could make your own instead!
- WHITE CHOCOLATE: We used white chocolate chips, but you could also use white chocolate melting wafers or candy melts.
- GREEN GEL FOOD COLORING: Make sure you use an oil-based Gel food coloring when working with chocolate.
- TREAT STICKS: Putting the Grinch treats on sticks like these makes them easier to dip and fun to eat!
- HEART SPRINKLES: These heart sprinkles are the perfect size for this recipe. You will just use the red hearts for this recipe, then you can save the rest for making Valentine’s Day treats.
Then it is as simple as melt, dip, add heat, and allow to set.
Get the full instructions in the printable recipe card below and enjoy!
More Christmas Rice Krispie Treat Ideas
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at 20-30 second intervals, stirring well between each time.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in 2 drops of green gel food coloring. Stir well and add additional drops as needed until you reach your desired shade of green.
- One at a time, add a treat stick to one end of a Rice Krispies Treat, then dip the opposite end of the treat into the chocolate. Immediately place a jumbo heart sprinkle onto the dipped treat and place on the wax-lined baking sheet.
- Once all of the treats have been dipped, allow the chocolate to set. Chocolate will set in 1-2 hours at room temperate or 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Treats can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 96mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g Protein: 2g