These adorable penguin treats take minutes to make using store-bought Rice Krispie Treats, candy melts, and candy.
It’s no secret that I love my Rice Krispie Treats.
And I especially love decorating them for different season and holidays (such as these Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats)
Today I want to share these adorable Penguin Rice Krispie Treats with you.
Penguin Rice Krispie Treats
Aren’t they the cutest little treats you have ever seen? I am in love!
And the best part is how incredibly easy these penguin treats are to make — no fancy decorating skill required.
Getting all your ingredients and supplies together is the most difficult part (and it just requires shopping). Making them is a breeze!
How to Make Penguin Rice Krispie Treats
Start by gathering everything that you will need: Rice Krispie Treats, black candy melts, white candy melts, candy eyes, and orange M&Ms.
To save time we used pre-made Rice Krispies Treats for this recipe. But, you could totally make your own if you want. It’s your call.
You will also need popsicle sticks and either parchment or wax paper to make these cute little creatures.
Then, putting the penguin treats together is as easy peasy.
- Simply coat each Rice Krispie Treat in melted candy melts,
- add eyes.
- add a nose and a belly,
- and finally add 2 feet.
Get the full recipe and instructions on the printable recipe card below.
I hope that you and your kiddos enjoy this fun and easy Penguin treat recipe!
Don’t Miss These Other Fun & Creative Treats
- 8 ct package Rice Krispie Treats (or make your own)
- 16 orange M&Ms
- 8 orange M&M Minis
- 12 oz black candy melts
- 24 bright white candy melts
- 16 large candy eyes
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Open Rice Krispie Treats and insert a popsicle stick into the base of each. Place on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Melt black candy melts in double broiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Use a spoon to coat a treat with melted chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Then immediately add candy eyes, a mini M&M nose (standing up sideways), a white candy melt "belly", and 2 M&M feet on the bottom (at a slight angle). Set on lined baking sheet to set. Repeat with all the penguins.
- Allow to set fully before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shares on the Weekend Potluck