Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Oreo Fluff is such an easy and delicious dessert! Just 4 Ingredients make up this rich family favorite. A perfect dessert for dipping fruit in or just enjoying as is!
When you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, this easy Oreo fluff really hits the spot. It’s a light, creamy, no bake dessert that’s perfect for cookouts and potlucks. The best part is that this treat is made up of only 4 simple ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to whip up.
But be warned: The creamy dessert is seriously addictive. You’ll be tempted to grab a spoon and eat the entire bowl yourself! It’s a huge hit with adults and kids alike and is great for dipping fruit or cookies in. It’s also budget-friendly and can easily be scaled to double or triple for really big gatherings.
If you’re a fan of Oreo-inspired desserts, this Oreo cookie poke cake is moist, rich, and a must-try. For something cute for the kids, make this Oreo dirt pudding with gummy worms or these adorable ladybug Oreos.
Ingredients for Oreo Cookie Fluff
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Milk — I typically use 2% milk, but you can use whole milk for a richer dessert or skim milk to lighten it up a little. But remember, the higher the milk fat the creamier the dessert.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix — Make sure it’s the instant pudding mix, otherwise it won’t set up properly. Instant chocolate pudding or Oreo pudding are also delicious options.
- Whipped Topping — I like to use Cool Whip but any brand of whipped topping works here. Make sure it’s thawed before folding it into the pudding mixture. You’ll need two of the regular (8-oz) tubs of Cool Whip.
- Crushed Oreo Cookies — Use regular cookies, not Double Stuf or Mega Stuf, for this Oreo fluff dessert. You can use any flavor you like (such as Golden Oreos or Mint Oreos), but the traditional chocolate sandwich cookies are always a crowd pleaser.
Gather these items from your cabinets and drawers to make this Oreo fluff salad recipe that the whole family will love:
- large mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- plastic wrap
- rolling pin and zip-top bag (to crush the Oreos)
How to Make Oreo Fluff
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Mix the milk and instant pudding powder together in a large bowl, whisking until well-combined and thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
Step 2: Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping. Do not overmix — it will deflate the Cool Whip.
Step 3: Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
Step 4: Cover the Oreo fluff dessert with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, longer is better. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Step 5: For a little crunch and pretty presentation, top with additional crushed Oreos just before serving.
Serve the delicious oreo cookie salad on its own in pretty dessert cups or serve it as a dessert dip with fresh fruit like strawberries or apple slices, pretzels (for that sweet and salty combo), cookies, or graham crackers. Add extra crushed Oreos right before serving or try some sprinkles, if you’d like.
Storage and Freezing
Refrigerator: Store leftover Oreo fluff in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezing: I do not recommend freezing Oreo fluff salad.
Oreo Fluff Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your vanilla pudding is an instant pudding mix. If you use the kind that’s not instant, you’ll end up with a soupy mess on your hands.
- To minimize the mess when crushing the Oreos, place them in a heavy duty zip-top freezer bag, and use a rolling pin to crush them. You can also crush them in a food processor or blender, but the crumbs and cookie pieces will be a lot finer.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and cookies. Be careful about overmixing. If you’re not sure what folding means, it’s a gentle mixing using a flexible spatula while rotating the bowl. Taste of Home has a good demonstration of the technique.
Additions and Variations
Try different cookies. Instead of regular Oreos, try Golden Oreos or Mint Oreos for some holiday flavor. You can also try a different cookie entirely, like gingersnaps for Christmas or lemon cookies for a refreshing spring or summer dessert.
Swap pudding flavors. Not a fan of vanilla pudding? Use chocolate or cheesecake pudding instead. White chocolate pudding is another good option.
Add mini marshmallows. They’ll add a little more texture and substance to this no bake dessert.
Oreo Fluff Dip FAQ
You only need 4 basic ingredients to make the Oreo dessert recipe: milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, whipped topping (like Cool Whip), and Oreo cookies. Some recipes call for softened cream cheese combined with the pudding, but this one doesn’t.
Yes, you can make this easy Oreo fluff recipe a day in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and give it a good stir before serving. If desired, add fresh crushed Oreos on top just before serving for added crunch.
I don’t recommend homemade whipped cream for this Oreo salad unless you know it’ll all be eaten the same day. Homemade whipped cream is not as stable, and the mixture may get watery after a day or so.
Yes, you can use whole, 2%, 1% or skim for this recipe.
More Dessert Dip Recipes
If you love fluff salads and dessert dips as much as I do, here are a few more delicious recipes to try:
- Orange fluff — Cool, creamy, fruity, and refreshing, this dessert salad is perfect for summer gatherings.
- Pumpkin fluff dip — Try this pumpkin fluff dessert with vanilla wafers… a taste of fall in every delicious bite.
- Hot cocoa dip — All the chocolatey goodness and marshmallows you love about hot chocolate in a fun, dippable dessert.
- Funfetti dip — Tastes like birthday cake and is so yummy paired with Teddy Grahams or animal crackers.
- Brownie batter dip — Indulgent chocolate dip for fruit, pretzels, cookies, or graham crackers.
- 4 cups milk
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 16 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 30 Oreo cookies crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk and instant pudding mix together until well mixed and thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Fold in the crushed cookies.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- If desired, top with additional crushed Oreos just before serving. Enjoy on its own or serve with cookies, pretzels, graham crackers, or fresh fruit for dipping.