A BBQ chicken dip made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, BBQ sauce, and cheese. This BBQ dip makes a great party appetizer or game day snack.
What better way to celebrate the start of Football season than with a creamy and delicious dip recipe perfect for munching on during the game?
Whether you are looking for game day recipes or great party appetizers, you will love this easy baked BBQ chicken dip.
Although this tasty chicken dip does call for more ingredients than I like to list in the recipes I share, it truly is a simple dip to make. Simply combining all the ingredients and let the oven work its magic.
I like to use rotisserie chicken for this recipe, since shredding rotisserie chicken is almost too easy. But you an easily use baked chicken or chicken cooked on the stove top as well. Any chicken that can be shred or chopped should work.
More great game day recipes:
- Loaded Cheeseburger Muffins
- Pull-apart Italian Sliders
- Mini Mac & Cheese Cups
- Grape Jelly Meatballs (Crockpot Recipe)
- Goal Post Cupcakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 scallions, chopped & divided
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- additional shredded cheese and chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, sour cream, thyme, and garlic.
- Mix in chicken, cream cheese, scallions, cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool briefly before serving.
- Garnish with additional scallions and shredded cheese, if desired.
Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or veggie sticks for dipping.
Pin for Later: