The best hot spinach artichoke dip recipe! Serve the classic hot dip along with crackers, bread, or veggies for dipping for an easy and delicious party appetizer.
For a slow cooker version of the recipe, try my easy crockpot spinach artichoke dip.
The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
What makes this particular spinach and artichoke dip recipe so good is that it is made with fresh spinach. The result is a creamy, cheesy, and amazingly delicious hot spinach dip.
You could replace the fresh spinach for frozen spinach if you would prefer, but I really recommend you at least try the recipe with fresh spinach. In my opinion, it really makes a difference!
How to Make Hot Spinach Dip
Start by gathering all of your ingredients. For this spinach artichoke dip recipe, you will need fresh spinach, a can of artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
PREP SPINACH: Cook down spinach in a skillet or stockpot (should take 5-7 minutes). After spinach cools, transfer to a paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Chop spinach.
COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Add cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, and pepper to a large bowl and stir to mix well. Stir in chopped artichokes and spinach.
BAKE: Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake at 350 until hot and bubbly (about 25-30 minutes).
SERVE: Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or toasted baguette slices for dipping.
More Party Appetizer Recipes:
- Cola-Cola Meatballs – easy 3-ingredient crockpot recipe!
- Rotel Salsa
- Chicken Nacho Bites
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip – always the first thing to go at parties!
- Fried Pickle Spears
- Grape Jelly Crockpot Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 ½ lbs fresh spinach, with stems trimmed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- pepper, to taste
- Rinse spinach, but do not dry. Add the wet spinach to a stock pot or skillet and cook down over medium/low heat (about 5-7 minutes). Once the spinach has cooked down, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While the spinach cools, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a small baking dish with a layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, and pepper.
- When the spinach has cooled down enough to handle, place the spinach on a paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid from it as you can. Then, chop coarsely chop the spinach.
- Stir chopped artichokes and spinach into the cheese mixture and spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or toasted baguette slices for dipping.
You can use 12oz frozen spinach in place of fresh spinach if desired. Simply defrost and squeeze dry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Unsaturated Fat: 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later: