A tasty caramel apple jello shots recipe made with green apple jello, caramel vodka, sour apple mix, and caramel sauce.
Smooth, rich, and full of apple flavor, these shots are so delicious that they could double as dessert.
A little bit sweet, a little bit sour, they will make a welcome treat for the grown-ups at any Fall celebration.
Here is what you will need…
- Green Apple Jello – we used Sonic Green Apple Jello but Jolly Rancher Jello would work too
- boiling water – to mix with the gelatin to make the base of the jello shots
- caramel vodka – a delicious vodka infused with the taste of homemade caramels
- sour apple mixer – gives the shots their sour apple taste
- caramel sauce – we used Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Syrup, I love the pourable bottle
- apple slices – optional garnish
How to Make
Step one: To rim the glasses, place a small layer of caramel sauce on a shallow plate or saucer. Dip each shot glass into the caramel sauce.
Pro tip: Place shot glasses in a shallow baking pan, in a muffin tin, or on a cookie sheet for easy transfer to and from the refrigerator for chilling.
Step two: Combine jello mix and boiling water in a medium-size bowl and whisk together until Jello is fully dissolved –about 2 minutes.
Step three: Stir in the vodka and sour apple mixer. Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature before pouring it evenly into your shot glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
Step four: When ready to serve, top each shot with a thin layer of caramel and an apple wedge.
Make a batch for a fun and delicious adult-only treat for your Fall or Halloween party and enjoy!
More Jello Shot Recipes to Try
- 1 (3 ounce) box of Green Apple Jello
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- ¾ cup caramel vodka, chilled
- ¾ cup sour apple mixer, chilled
- caramel sauce, for topping and rim
- apple slices, for garnish
- To rim the shot glasses: Place a small layer of caramel sauce on a shallow plate or saucer. Dip each shot glass into the caramel sauce.
- Add jello mix to a medium-sized bowl. Pour boiling water in and whisk until the Jello is fully dissolved--about 2 minutes.
- Stir in caramel vodka and sour mix. Allow the mixture to cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Pour evenly into shot glasses and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
- Top with a thin layer of caramel and apple wedge before serving.
Place your jello shot cups in a baking pan or muffin tin for easy transport to and from the fridge for chilling.
Make your jello shots the night before your party if possible, so that they will have plenty of time to set and you won't have to worry about making them the day of your event.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.