A tasty caramel apple jello shots recipe made with green apple jello, caramel vodka, sour apple mix, and caramel sauce.
When it comes to Fall cocktail recipes for parties, boozy apple cider, apple cider sangria, and these green apple caramel jello shots are our go-to’s.
Smooth, rich, and full of apple flavor, these shots are so delicious that they could double as dessert.
A little bit sweet, a little bit sour, they will make a welcome treat for the grown-ups at any Fall celebration.
Here is what you will need…
- Green Apple Jello – we used Sonic Green Apple Jello but Jolly Rancher Jello would work too
- boiling water – to mix with the gelatin to make the base of the jello shots
- caramel vodka – a delicious vodka infused with the taste of homemade caramels
- sour apple mixer – gives the shots their sour apple taste (check price on Amazon)
- caramel sauce – I have made these both with homemade caramel sauce as well as with Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Syrup.
- apple slices – optional garnish
- plastic shot cups – these 2 ounce cups with lids are perfect!
How to Make
Step one: To rim the glasses, place a small layer of caramel sauce on a shallow plate or saucer. Dip each shot glass into the caramel sauce.
Pro tip: Place shot glasses in a shallow baking pan, in a muffin tin, or on a cookie sheet for easy transfer to and from the refrigerator for chilling.
Step two: Combine jello mix and boiling water in a medium-size bowl and whisk together until Jello is fully dissolved –about 2 minutes.
Step three: Stir in the vodka and sour apple mixer. Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature before pouring it evenly into your shot glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
If you are short on time give our regular non-jello caramel apple shots a try instead. They are ready in under 5 minutes!
Step four: When ready to serve, top each shot with a thin layer of caramel and an apple wedge.
Make a batch for a fun and delicious adult-only treat for your Fall or Halloween party and enjoy!
More Jello Shot Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
- Strawberry Vodka Jello Shots
- Halloween Jello Shots with Vodka
- Blue Hawaiin Jello Shots
- Strawberry Lemonade Jello Shots
Caramel Apple Jello Shots
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 3 ounce box of Green Apple Jello
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- ¾ cup caramel vodka, chilled
- ¾ cup sour apple mixer, chilled
- caramel sauce, for topping and rim
- apple slices, for garnish
- To rim the shot glasses: Place a small layer of caramel sauce on a shallow plate or saucer. Dip each shot glass into the caramel sauce.
- Add jello mix to a medium-sized bowl. Pour boiling water in and whisk until the Jello is fully dissolved–about 2 minutes.
- Stir in caramel vodka and sour mix. Allow the mixture to cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Pour evenly into shot glasses and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
- Top with a thin layer of caramel and apple wedge before serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
I would love to try other fruity Jello shots . strawberry and peach is my favorite. Thank you
Jaclyn Shimmel says
I have a recipe for strawberry jello shots you can try as well https://crayonsandcravings.com/strawberry-jello-shots/
rebecca jones says
Can you swirl in the caramel sauce while it’s cooling rather than leaving it on top of the jello shots?
Jaclyn Shimmel says
I haven’t tried this myself but I don’t if it would work out well. If you add the caramel too early it may mess with the setting process. But if you try to swirl the caramel in once the jello has solidified more it would cause the jello to break apart.
myself and my gfs love making lots different jello shots cant wait to do these this weekend, could you use apple pucker possibly?? I was thinking Washington apple jello shots thanks for sharing
Jaclyn Shimmel says
That sounds amazing! Let me know how they come out!