Peeps cupcakes decorated with peeps bunnies poking out of the buttercream “grass” make the perfect Easter cupcake recipe. The little ones are sure to love this Easter bunny-inspired treat!
I can’t believe that Easter is already just around the corner. How did that happen?!
Today I wanted to share these super cute Easter cupcakes with peeps with you.
The fun and festive Easter dessert starts with plain vanilla cupcakes and uses marshmallow peeps bunnies and a homemade buttercream to transform them into the perfect kids’ Easter cupcake.
The kiddies will love these easter bunny peep cupcakes, as I am sure they will get a kick out of the colorful bunnies playing peek-a-boo with them.
I like to use a boxed vanilla cake mix to make the recipe quick and easy. But if you want you can opt to make homemade cupcakes, the choice is entirely yours. Chocolate cupcakes would work well too.
I hope that you are the kids enjoy these fun and festive Easter Peeps cupcakes!
More Easter Dessert Recipes
- 24 cupcakes, homemade or from box mix
- green buttercream
- 24 Marshmallow Peeps Bunnies
- Icing Flower Decorations, optional
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4+ cups confectioners sugar
- 2+ Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green gel food coloring
- Use a small spoon to scoop a small hole into the center of each cooled cupcake. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until smooth and fluffy. Gradually mix in confectioners sugar. Add vanilla and 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream; beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then add more confectioners sugar ½ cup at a time. If too thick, mix in more cream.
- Add several drops of green gel food coloring and mix until color is even throughout.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a small flower tip. Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake, working in towards the center. Frost around the hole in the center of the cupcake.
- Place a peep into the hole so that the top half of its body sticks out of the cupcake. Add a few icing flowers to decorate the cupcakes, if desired.
Store cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.