Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Peeps Twinkie car treats are the ultimate fun and festive no-bake Easter dessert idea. The cute bunny cars are sure to be the hit of your Easter party. Not only are they absolutely adorable, but they are delicious as well!
Our Peeps Cupcakes were such a hit last Easter that I wanted to share another fun Peeps themed dessert with you all this year – Peeps Twinkie Race Cars!
These cute Peeps race cars are perfect for your Easter celebration, especially for the little ones. I honestly can’t get over how cute they came out!
I mean, it doesn’t get much sweeter than this – Twinkies, Peeps, licorice, Necco wafers, M&Ms, and sprinkles. Yum!
Putting together the Bunny Peep Mobiles is very simple, as the step-by-step Peeps mobile directions below will show you.
Be sure to get the little ones involved in putting them together as well for a fun, family Easter activity.
Twinkie Peep Car Ingredients
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Marshmallow Peeps Bunnies
- White Candy Melts – white Wilton candy pouch or white melting chocolate.
- Necco Wafer Candies – These will be the steering wheels. A mini pretzel twist could be used, too.
- M&M candies – Regular M&Ms work, but the pastel color of the Easter M&Ms are perfect for this Spring treat.
- Confetti sprinkles – You will use the yellow round sprinkles to make the car’s headlights.
How to Make Peeps Twinkie Cars
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Cut a small rectangle out of the top of the cream-filled cake without cutting through the bottom or the sides. Reserve these pieces, we will be using the cream filling later.
Step 2: Next, cut about a fourth off from the bottom of each peep so that they will sit flat in their Twinkie car.
Step 3: Place the peeps into the holes of the Twinkies and make a small slit in front of the bunny to put a Necco wafer into for the steering wheel.
Step 4: Now, take a small amount of the Twinkie filling reserved from earlier, and “glue” on 2 candy headlights (from the Easter Sprinkles) onto the front of each Twinkie.
Step 5: To make the wheels, roll up a piece of black licorice. To do this, dip your fingers in water and run the licorice between them to wet the licorice, then roll.
Step 6: Let those sit and dry for a few minutes. Then, heat the candy melts or white melting chocolate per package directions, and use it to “glue” 4 licorice tires onto each twinkie car.
Step 7: Finally, take the candy pouch and “glue” on one M&M on the back of the peep bunny race car.
Now, your twinkie bunny cars are ready to serve! Enjoy and have a very Happy Easter!
More Easter Treat Ideas
Use your leftover Peeps and M&Ms for these sweet treats:
Easter Peeps Twinkie Cars
- Cut a small chunk out of the middle of the Twinkie without cutting through the bottom or the sides. Reserve these pieces to use the filling from them later.
- Cut about a fourth off from the bottom of each peep.
- Place the peeps into the holes of the Twinkies and make a small slit in front of the peep to put a Necco wafer into for the steering wheel.
- Take some of the Twinkie filling reserved from earlier, and use it to “glue” on 2 candy headlights (from the Easter Sprinkles) onto the front of each Twinkie.
- To make the wheels, roll up a piece of the black licorice. To do this, dip your fingers in water and run the licorice between them to wet the licorice, then roll. Let those sit and dry for a few minutes.
- Heat the candy melts or melting chocolate per package directions, and use the melted candy to “glue” 4 licorice tires onto each car.
- Finally, use the melted candy to “glue” one M&M on the back of the car. Allow the Twinkie Peeps cars to set, then enjoy!
This recipe was originally published on April 5, 2017 and updated on March 10th, 2023.