An easy apple pear crisp recipe made in the slow cooker. This warm and comforting Fall dessert is great on its own or served with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Looking for delicious apple recipes to enjoy this Fall?
This apple pear crisp is amazing and, best of all, it is super easy to make in your slow cooker.
How to Apple Pear Crisp in the Slow Cooker
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this easy slow cooker recipe you will need 3 apples, 3 pears, sugar, cinnamon, oats, flour, sugar, and butter. You will also need a bit of non-stick spray for prepping the slow cooker.
Next, core and chop the apples and pears. You can leave the skin on the fruit or remove it. That is totally up to you.
Mix together your cinnamon and sugar to make – you guessed it – cinnamon sugar.
Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and chilled butter to create the topping.
Now it is time to add everything to the slow cooker in the following order:
- sprinkle of cinnamon sugar
- remainder of cinnamon sugar
- oat topping mixture
Keepin’ it Crispy
Now comes a little trick to keep the crisp from becoming soggy while cooking in the slow cooker.
The trick to keeping this apple pear crisp crispy is… paper towels.
Yes, you read that right.
Simply draping paper towels over the top of the slow cooker before placing the lid on will help to absorb moisture. The result is a nice and crispy topping.
Cook for 2 hours on low and then cool briefly before serving.
And while this apple and pear crisp is delicious when enjoyed on its own, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream for a real treat. Or better yet, top it with a bit of both!
The combo of the warm crisp with the cold and creamy vanilla ice cream is just heavenly.
I hope that you and your family enjoy this yummy apple pear crisp recipe!
More easy slow cooker apple recipes to make this Fall:
- 2-3 apples, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2-3 pears, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, cold
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle a small amount to cover the bottom of the slow cooker. Add apples and pears to slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the fruit.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the mixture until the mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over the fruit in the slow cooker.
- Drape a layer of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker and then cover with lid. The paper towels will work to absorb extra moisture, to help give the crisp that “crispness”.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Allow to cool briefly before serving. Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.