Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Ready for an easy dinner without the fuss? These 4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops come together quickly, smothered in a creamy mushroom-ranch sauce that’s pure deliciousness over mashed potatoes or rice. It’s a fast, flavor-packed meal for busy weeknights that your family will ask for again and again.
Need another quick and easy recipe in your dinner rotation? Here it is! With just four simple ingredients, you can whip up these easy oven pork chops that are tender, juicy, and flavorful without breaking a sweat (or the bank). It’s one of my favorite pork chop recipes.
Pork chops are one of the most affordable cuts of meat available right now — a real steal when you catch them on sale. The best part about this meal? You can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. It’s only 5 minutes of prep, and then into the oven they go.
And if you love baked pork chops with cream of mushroom, you have to try these other pork chop recipes to shake up your dinner routine. These French Onion Pork Chops are topped with rich onion gravy and mozzarella and are packed with flavor! You can’t go wrong with Smothered Pork Chops, which are ready in about 40 minutes. And for a real mouthwatering meal, try my Baked Honey Mustard Pork Chops.
For now, let’s gather what you need to make these boneless pork chops with cream of mushroom soup.
Ingredients for Easy Oven Pork Chops
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Boneless Pork Chops — Make sure your pork chops are about the same thickness. I like mine about 3/4 inches to 1 inch thick. If yours are thicker, you’ll need to add extra baking time.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup — This is the base for the rich and savory sauce that will make your pork chops so tender, juicy, and flavorful. You can sub cream of chicken soup or even golden mushroom soup if you’d like. Do NOT add water to the soup.
- Sour Cream — This adds creaminess and a little bit of tang to the sauce for the pork chops. Did you know that the acid in sour cream also helps tenderize meat?
- Ranch Seasoning — You’ll need one packet of ranch to add to the sauce. It’s a delicious blend of herbs and seasonings in one handy package. Homemade ranch seasoning mix works well, too. Or if ranch isn’t your thing, though, substitute the herbs and spices of your choice.
Equipment You’ll Need to Make Oven-Baked Pork Chops
To make tender pork chops in the oven, you’ll need the following kitchen tools and supplies:
- 9×9 baking dish
- nonstick cooking spray
- measuring cup
- mixing bowl
- instant-read thermometer for meat
How to Make 4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Get your oven and pan ready. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray to keep the pork chops and sauce from sticking.
Step 2: Add the pork chops to the baking dish in a single layer.
Step 3: Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until well combined.
Step 4: Pour the mushroom sauce over the pork chops and spread it evenly over the top.
Step 5: Bake pork chops for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven or until a meat thermometer reads 145°F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
Step 6: Garnish the chops with parsley and serve with egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. Don’t forget to spoon some of that yummy sauce over the top!
Serving Suggestions for Baked Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
These creamy, flavorful pork chops are so versatile and can be paired with lots of different side dishes so this is a great meal that never gets boring. I recommend serving these easy baked pork chops over a bed of fluffy rice, buttery mashed potatoes, or tender egg noodles to soak up all the delicious sauce.
For a bread side, try freshly baked potato rolls, They’re soft, slightly sweet, and fluffy, and are so tasty with savory meals like this. Veggies are a great side dish, too. Try a side of creamed spinach or roasted brussels sprouts to round out your meal. This crisp coleslaw is another side that pairs well with pork and is a refreshing, light choice to balance the richness of the sauce on the pork chops.
Storage and Freezing
Refrigerator: Store leftover pork chops in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: I don’t recommend storing dishes made with “cream of” soups and dairy because the ingredients tend to separate, altering the texture and taste a bit. However, if you do want to freeze them, you can do so for up to 3 months. Let them cool to room temperature, and then place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and whisk the sauce again to reincorporate the ingredients.
Reheat leftovers in the oven covered at 350°F until warmed through or in the air fryer or microwave.
Tips and Tricks for Cooking Pork Chops
- Bake in a single layer. Don’t let the pork chops overlap; place them in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Marinate the pork chops. If you have time, marinate the pork chops in the sour cream mixture for a few hours before baking. This allows the flavors to really soak in, and the sour cream will help tenderize the juicy chops.
- Avoid overcooking. Pork can easily become dry if overcooked. Using a meat thermometer can be helpful. The USDA recommends cooking pork to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit minimum, followed by a 3-minute rest period.
- Let the chops rest. Allowing the pork chops to rest a few minutes after taking them out of the oven will allow the juices to redistribute through the meat. About 3-5 minutes should do the trick.
Additions and Variations
Try a different cream soup. If you’re not a fan of mushroom or can’t find cream of mushroom soup, other cream soups like cream of chicken, cream of celery, or cream of onion could work just as well, adding a slightly different but equally delicious flavor.
Add fresh herbs. Sprinkling fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme on top of the pork chops before baking can add an additional layer of flavor, especially if you’re not using the ranch packet.
Top with French fried onions. If you want a bit of a crunch in your dish, you can sprinkle some French fried onions on top of the pork chops before putting them in the oven.
Add cheese. A handful of grated parmesan would be a delicious addition to the creamy sauce.
Vary the seasonings. While ranch seasoning is great, don’t be afraid to try different seasoning blends to switch things up. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, or a smoky BBQ rub could all add a delicious twist to the dish.
Oven Baked Pork Chops FAQ
Bake your boneless pork chops at 350°F for most dishes. This temperature cooks them fairly quickly without drying them out.
Not necessarily. For this recipe, the creamy sauce acts as a cover and keeps the pork chops juicy. If you’re baking them without a sauce or marinade, or if you’re baking them for more than 20-25 minutes, you might want to cover them with aluminum foil to keep in moisture.
Typically, the cook time is about 20 to 25 minutes for boneless chops. However, the thickness of the meat can affect the cooking time. The best way to know they’re done is to use a meat thermometer. You’re shooting for an internal temperature of 145°F – 160°F, according to the USDA.
This happens when thick boneless pork chops are overcooked. Pork can be a bit tricky because it can go from juicy to dry pretty fast. Keeping an eye on the internal temperature really helps prevent dry pork chops, so use a meat thermometer. Also, using a sauce or marinade like we do for this recipe can keep your pork chops moist and flavorful.
More Easy Pork Recipes
Love easy dinner recipes and want to try more pork dishes like these 4 ingredient oven baked pork chops? Here are some of my favorite quick and easy pork recipes:
- Crockpot Mississippi Pork Roast — so good over a big pile of mashed potatoes.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin — quick and easy weeknight dinner all made in one pan for easy cleanup.
- Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Ranch Pork Chops — an easy and delicious meal the whole family will love.
- Cuban Sliders – simple dinner idea or great appetizer for game day!
4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.5 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet ranch seasoning 1 ounce
- Preheat your oven to 350 ℉. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer.
- In a medium size bowl, stir to combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and ranch seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and spread evenly oven the pork chops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145°F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (optional) and serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.