These creamy garlic chicken breasts are one of my favorite chicken dinner recipes — the best part is that they are made in just one skillet, in just 40 minutes!
One-pot recipes hold a special place in my heart.
Only having to worry about one skillet is much easier than juggling a pot, a skillet, and a hangry toddler.
Plus, less clean-up after dinner means more time with my family, which is always a win if you ask me.
Since you all loved this one-pot creamy chicken spinach pasta recipe, I wanted to share another delicious one-pot chicken dinner option — Creamy Garlic Chicken.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts
If you are a one-pot dinner lover like me, or you are just looking for a new chicken dinner recipe to try, you are going to love this creamy garlic chicken. Give this Jalapeño Popper Chicken a try too-it is simple to make in one baking dish!
Made on the stovetop in a single skillet, this flavorful chicken breast recipe is sure to become one of your go-to recipes on busy weeknights.
Want to cook up your chicken along with some veggies on the side? Give this Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner a try.
Not only is it easy to make, but it is also quick. From start to finish it takes just about 40 minutes.
Another thing that I love about this one-skillet meal is how easy it is to customize the recipe according to your family’s tastes.
Maybe your children aren’t’ crazy about garlic — just cut down on the amount you use.
Or maybe someone in your family hates onions. No worries, just leave them out.
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Creamy Garlic Sauce
First, gather everything that you will need for this easy chicken recipe:
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
Dredge your chicken breasts in flour before adding them to the skillet.
Pan-fry the chicken over medium-high heat until it is browned on both sides and cooked through.
Set the chicken breasts aside on a plate while you prep the garlic sauce.
Using the same skillet, saute the onions and garlic. Then, pour in your chicken broth.
Next, heavy cream and parmesan cheese are introduced to the mix, to give the sauce its delicious creaminess.
The chicken is then returned into the skillet to simmer in the sauce and soak up all that amazing flavorful.
Plate your chicken, drizzle with extra sauce, and serve with a side of pasta, rice, carrots, or spinach. Enjoy!
More easy chicken dinner ideas:
- Chicken Parm Sliders
- Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
- Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders
- Smothered Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 10 cloves garlic, 5 chopped and 5 crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley, optional garnish
For The Chicken:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts and pan-fry until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes per side). Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
For The Sauce:
- Using the same skillet, add the butter, oil, and onion. Cook onions until translucent, stirring occasionally (about 3 minutes). Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour broth into skillet and cook for 5 additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the heavy cream; cook for 3 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and whisk well to dissolve the cheese in the cream mixture (about 3 minutes).
- Return chicken to the skillet and heat through (about 3 minutes).
- Serve chicken topped with a spoonful of garlic parmesan sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.