A creamy garlic herb chicken sheet pan dinner with juicy chicken breasts in a cream cheese garlic sauce, diced potatoes, and green beans.
If you are a fan of sheet pan dinners, this is a must-try recipe. This sheet pan chicken and potatoes meal has a creamy garlic herb sauce that elevates the flavor of the chicken to a whole new level.
The best part is, everything cooks together in one just one pan in the oven. Just like our sheet pan pizza, sheet pan pork tenderloin, and sheet pan shrimp fajitas.
Another awesome thing about this sheet pan garlic chicken and veggies is it is great for meal prepping. Whip this up and place in single-serve containers for quick grab-and-go meals for the week.
Why Make This Sheet Pan Chicken
- 30 Minute Dinner
- Sheet Pan Recipe
- One Pan Meal
- Full Meal To Serve
- Meal Prep Friendly
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Here are the ingredients needed for this chicken sheet pan dinner!.
- Chicken – You will want to use any boneless chicken. Trim your chicken so you remove any fat from the meat.
- Potatoes – Reach for Yukon, russets, or even new potatoes. Dice them up into even cubes. The goal is to have even sized potatoes.
- Green Beans – For my other vegetable I did green beans. You are welcome to swap it out with broccoli or other hearty vegetable.
- Garlic – You will want minced garlic for this. Freshly mince or use jarred garlic.
- Olive Oil – Or any other style of oil works.
- Herbs and Spices – Salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and parsley are what I used for this recipe.
- Butter – I recommend using real butter not margarine. The butter adds a lot of richness.
- Milk – For a richer flavor use a whole milk.
- Cream cheese – This is going to help give your sauce that ultra creamy texture, and it adds a nice bold and vibrant flavor to the sauce.
- Flour – This is the thickening agent for the garlic sauce you are making.
How to Make
You will find the full recipe with instructions and measurements and all that good stuff at the bottom of this page in the printable recipe card. But first, take a minute to read through the ingredient notes, step-by-step instructions with photos, and recipe tips below.
Step 1: Frist you are going to preheat the oven as directed. Then you will begin dicing up the chicken, potatoes, and green beans and place them on the sheet pan.
Step 2: Bake in the oven as directed in the recipe card below.
Step 3: While the chicken is cooking you are going to work on the garlic sauce. In a skillet on the stove, melt your butter and garlic together.
Step 4: Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, and stir well. Then whisk in the milk stirring continuously to remove any lumps.
Step 5: Add in the cream cheese and spices. Once the chicken is fully baked remove, and pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
Refrigerate – Your chicken and vegetables can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the microwave, or if you do the oven make sure to cover tightly with foil. Or the cream sauce will burn on the chicken.
Freezing – You will find the sauce can separate a bit once it thaws from being frozen. But if you want you can freeze it and reheat later. The chicken will store for 1-2 months in the freezer in the proper container.
Chicken will be a white color on the inside with no pink once it is done. The juices will also run clear instead of a milky color. But, the safest way to know for sure your chicken is done is using a meat thermometer. You want the internal temperature to read 165°F.
Allowing your chicken to rest 5-10 minutes will help lock and juices, leaving you with a moist chicken. If you slice into chicken right away you will find it can dry out your chicken.
You are more than welcome to use bone-in you will just need to adjust the cooking time to ensure your chicken gets fully cooked and reaches proper internal temperature.
More must-try chicken recipes
- Smothered chicken
- One-pot creamy garlic chicken
- Jalapeno popper chicken
- One-pot creamy spinach chicken pasta
Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 10 ounce frozen fine green beans, thawed
- 1 pound baby golden potatoes, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened and diced
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 sprigs thyme, removed from stem and chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- shredded parmesan cheese, optional topping
- minced fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Arrange the diced potatoes and green beans around the chicken in an even layer. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes, beans, and chicken and turn to coat. Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- While your sheet pan meal cooks, prepare the garlic sauce on the stovetop. Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds-1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the garlic and stir to mix.
- Whisk in milk.
- Add the cream cheese, whisking continuously until fully melted and incorporated.
- Stir in thyme and oregano, letting sauce come to a low simmer.
- Serve with the creamy sauce spooned generously over the chicken. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan and parsley, if desired.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply