A delicious and easy-to-make sheet pan pizza recipe with homemade pizza dough. Customize with your family's favorite toppings for an easy weeknight dinner.
I am a huge fan of sheet pan recipes. They are easy-to-make, come together quickly, and –my favorite part — the oven does almost all the work.
See also: Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin & Veggies
Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
Today I want to share this amazing sheet pan pizza recipe. You guys are going to love it!
Pizza is a go-to in our house. We eat it at least once a week. Often twice. I just switch up the toppings.
If I can't decide what to make, I default to pizza.
This sheet pan pizza recipe is easy to make and totally yummy.
The recipe walks you through the steps of making the pizza dough from-scratch, but you can use pre-made dough if you prefer. If you do go the route of making your own dough, just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to allow the dough to rise.
Topping Your Pizza
While we topped our pizza with fresh mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, and green peppers, you surely don't have to.
Below are some additional toppings ideas.
- shredded chicken
Enjoy your homemade pizza and have fun trying out different topping combos!
If you love sheet pan recipes as much as I do, be sure to try this 30-minute sheet pan chili lime salmon.
For the Dough:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water, warm (about 115°)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- additional toppings, if desired
- Add the yeast and sugar to one cup warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together flour and salt. Slowly add water mixture to flour while mixing. Add in olive oil and continue stirring with large spatula or dough hook on the stand mixer. Mix until a ball of dough forms and pulls away from side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl (or just oil the bowl it’s been mixed in) and cover. Allow to rise in a warm place for about an hour - until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Slice the veggies, cook any meat you are using, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a 12x19” baking sheet with foil. Cover with cooking spray or olive oil.
- When dough has doubled in size, place on baking sheet and press to spread to even thickness. Push dough to cover entire sheet.
- Spread a light, even layer of sauce over the dough. Top with cheese and other toppings. Sprinkle with seasonings if desired.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown and crust is browning. Serve warm.
We topped our pizza with spinach, tomatoes, and green peppers. But, you can customize your toppings. Additional ideas include: pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, sausage, shredded chicken, eggplant, bacon, meatballs, olives, ham, and pineapple.