Easy Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole – your favorite pasta, ground beef, spicy mini pepperonis, zesty green peppers, sliced black olives, mushrooms, melty cheeses, and pasta sauce combined into one tasty, filling casserole that is a hit with the whole family.
Yes, you read that right, pizza AND pasta in the same casserole! YUM. I can’t think of a more delicious combination. The easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights, pizza night, or anytime you get a pizza craving.
For more cheesy ground beef casserole recipes try my tater tot casserole, cheeseburger casserole, and cheesy taco pasta bake.
This easy pizza pasta bake recipe combines your favorite pizza toppings with pasta and sauce for a baked dish that packs in an impressive amount of savory flavors.
Plus, it is also a good way to sneak some veggies into your diet! Even the picky eaters in my family love this ground beef pizza casserole. In fact, it has become a family favorite. In fact, it has become a family favorite!
Why you’ll love this pizza pasta casserole
- It combines your favorite pizza toppings with pasta. You can’t top that!
- It is a hearty, filling meal on it’s own.
- It is popular with both kids and adults alike.
- It’s a great way to get some vegetables into your family’s diet.
- Most of the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time, making this an easy weeknight dinner to put together.
- If I haven’t said it already, this casserole is absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for your cheesy pizza pasta bake
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Pasta– I prefer using rotini or shells
- Ground Beef– ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground Italian sausage would work as well
- Cheese– a tasty combination of shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Pasta Sauce– Use your favorite marinara sauce. A combination of pasta sauce and pizza sauce would also be terrific.
- Veggies– we used green pepper, onion, and mushrooms but feel free to switch it up or skip anything your family doesn’t like
- Mini Pepperoni– If mini pepperoni isn’t available you can slice a regular size pepperoni into quarters
- Sliced Black Olives
- Seasonings– I used garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Sometimes I like to add fresh basil and/or Italian seasoning as well if I have that on hand.
- Olive Oil– just a bit for sauteing the veggies
- Toppings– Additional pepperoni slices, sliced mushrooms, sliced olives, and/or chopped green bell peppers.
How to make pepperoni pizza pasta casserole
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Step 2: Cook pasta al dente according to the package directions. Drain and return to pot. Stir in one jar of sauce; set aside.
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet or stockpot over medium heat. Add in the peppers, onions, and mushrooms, reserving a small amount to use to top the casserole. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and saute over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until onions are clear and veggies are slightly softened.
Step 4: Add ground beef and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently until ground beef is cooked through. Drain to remove any excess fat. Stir in ½ of a jar of spaghetti sauce and garlic powder. Then stir in the pepperoni, parmesan cheese, and olives, again reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of the casserole.
Step 5: Spread the pasta evenly across the bottom of your prepared casserole dish. Follow with the meat mixture, and then the remaining half jar of pasta sauce. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella evenly across the top.
Step 6: Top the casserole with reserved pepperoni, chopped green bell peppers, sliced olives, and sliced mushrooms.
Step 7: Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
What to serve with your easy pizza pasta casserole
This casserole is a great standalone dish for dinner. It has the ground beef for your protein, the pasta for carbs, and is packed with veggies. If you do want something extra with this dish, add an Italian side salad and some homemade breadsticks or garlic bread.
Storage and Reheating
This casserole will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days if it is tightly covered in a sealed container. You can reheat in the oven at 350 F for 15 minutes or microwave in individual-sized portions until warm.
This pepperoni pizza casserole is also freezer-friendly! To freeze, simply prep the casserole and instead of baking, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month. Allow it to thaw completely in the refrigerator then bake as directed in the recipe.
Baked cheesy pizza pasta casserole FAQs
You can really use any uncooked pasta you have at home. If you have younger kids I find it easier to stick to a more compact noodle elbows, rotini, or bowties because they are easier to eat but spaghetti can also work in a pinch.
Sure! You can definitely use ground turkey or even chicken instead of beef. Mild Italian sausage would also work well to give the dish a more defined pizza flavor.
Of course! You can add or take out any of the veggies that you don’t like. For example, my husband doesn’t like mushrooms, so I’ve made it before without them. It was still delicious!
Other easy casserole recipes you’ll love
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Ritz Chicken Casserole – only 6 ingredients!
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
Don’t forget to come back and let me know how your baked cheesy pizza pasta casserole turned out
Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 16 ounce box pasta
- 2 24 ounce jars pasta sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ medium size onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package instructions. Drain and return to pot. Pour 1 jar of pasta sauce over the pasta, stir to coat, and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet or stockpot over medium heat. Add in the peppers, onions, and mushrooms, reserving a small amount to use to top the casserole. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and saute over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until onions are clear and veggies are slightly softened.
- Add ground beef and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently until ground beef is cooked through. Drain to remove any excess fat.
- Stir ½ of a jar of pasta sauce and garlic powder into the meat mixture. Then stir in the pepperoni, parmesan cheese, and olives, again reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Spread the pasta evenly across the bottom of your prepared casserole dish, followed by the beef mixture, then the remaining half jar of pasta sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and top with reserved pepperoni, peppers, olives, and mushrooms.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply