A comforting one-dish ritz chicken casserole recipe with shredded chicken in a rich and creamy sauce topped with buttery Ritz crackers.
Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
When it comes to quick and easy dinners, it doesn’t get much easier than this Ritzy chicken casserole.
The classic chicken casserole recipe is made with a short list of just 6 ingredients–some of which you likely have right now in your pantry.
It takes only 10 minutes to prep the chicken ritz casserole and then 30 minutes in the oven. You can’t beat that!
>> Looking for more easy weeknight dinner recipes? Try our easy chicken noodle casserole!
This chicken casserole is creamy, comforting, hearty, and just plain yummy.
The buttery Ritz cracker topping gives the dish the perfect bit of crunch to complement the creamy chicken. So freakin’ good!
If your family is anything like mine they will love it and ask you to make it again and again.
For this easy recipe you will need:
- Chicken: I use crockpot shredded chicken for casserole recipes but rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, leftover chicken, or any other pre-cooked chicken work also.
- Cream of chicken soup: I prefer Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs as it gives the dish some extra flavor but regular cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup can be used instead.
- Sour cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Ritz Crackers: Two sleeves of Ritz crackers roughly crushed. Bread crumbs or panko can be used in place of the crackers, but then it wouldn’t really be a legit Ritz casserole!
- Butter: Salted or unslated. I try to use unsalted butter if I have it on hand because I figure that the Ritz crackers are salty enough already.
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
The following kitchen supplies are useful for making this recipe.
How to Make Ritz Chicken Casserole
- COMBINE: Stir casserole ingredients together and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- TOP: Sprinkle with crushed crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
- BAKE: Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite vegetable or a salad and enjoy!
More Easy Casseroles
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
Ritz Chicken Casserole
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a 2 quart (or 8 in. baking dish) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and Italian seasoning. Stir in chicken. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed Ritz crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 mins, until crackers are golden and center is hot and bubbly.
- You can use Cream of Mushroom Soup or regular Cream of Chicken Soup in place of Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs.
- While the recipe calls for Ritz crackers, you can use 1 cup of regular bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs instead.
- Add 1-2 cups broccoli, peas, or mixed veggies to the casserole, if desired.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck!
Barbara Mason says
this recipe is awesome on its own but I took the liberty of adding cottage cheese and cream cheese from the million dollar chicken casserole. I accidentally added the 5 tbsp of butter to the casserole instead of to the ritz crackers. it tasted wonderful!!
Jaclyn Shimmel says
That sounds delicious! I will have to try the recipe with your additions 🙂 Yum!
I made this the first time for a pot luck and got rave reviews! I’m making it for us this week for dinner. Easy and delicious!