An incredibly creamy chicken and rice casserole recipe made with frozen peas and carrots and cream of chicken soup.
I am a total sucker for a good casserole.
Casseroles are great because they are so easy to make, yet taste amazing. Everyone in the family loves them. As an added bonus, we usually end up with leftovers too, which means 2 nights of dinner is done in one shot.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
This creamy chicken and rice casserole recipe will not disappoint.
In fact, I think it is one of the best chicken casserole recipes ever. This and my chicken and dumpling casserole recipe are tied as my two favorites.
Packed with chicken, rice, veggies, and creamy chicken soup, it is the ultimate comfort food for chilly Fall and Winter nights.
DON’T MISS: One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken
This cream chicken rice bake also makes the perfect Sunday dinner. And if you are lucky, will have leftovers for lunch on Monday as well!
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Begin by gathering everything that you will need for this easy chicken casserole recipe.
You will need: cooked chicken breasts, uncooked long-grain rice, a bag of frozen peas and carrots, onion, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt & pepper, and butter.
Have leftover chicken breast? This is the perfect recipe to use up that extra chicken!
First, pull or dice your cooked chicken, and spread it out across evenly in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Then, add rice, frozen veggies, and chopped onion.
Next, mix together the soup, broth, and seasonings in a bowl, then pour evenly on top of the casserole.
Top with pats of butter.
Cover and bake casserole for 60 minutes.
Check to see if rice is well cooked. If not, cook uncovered up to an additional 30 minutes.
Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
I hope that you and your family enjoy this delicious chicken and rice bake.
If you want to try a Greek-flavored twist on this dish, check out this one pot greek chicken and rice casserole recipe.
- 4 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1- 10 oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the chicken evenly along the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Pour the rice on top of the chicken.
- Add frozen peas and carrots and chopped onion on top of the rice.
- In a large bowl, mix the soup, chicken broth, paprika, poultry seasoning, and salt & pepper until well combined. Spread the mixture on top of the peas and carrots.
- Top with sliced butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Test to see if the rice is cooked. If not, uncover and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or so.
- Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 284 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 1135mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g