This easy chicken noodle casserole is made with egg noodles, chicken, and vegetables in a creamy sauce and topped with crunchy panko bread crumbs.
I am all about easy dinner recipes. And when it comes to easy dinners, casseroles reign supreme.
Casseroles are quick and easy to prepare. That means less time spent in the kitchen and more time spent with my family.
Plus, they really are the ultimate comfort food!
>> Don’t miss this reader favorite: Ritz Chicken Casserole
The Best Chicken Noodle Casserole
This hearty and delicious chicken noodle casserole recipe is on regular rotation in our house. The family loves it, and it really couldn’t be easier to make.
- Chicken: I like to use crockpot shredded chicken breast or boiled shredded chicken, but you can also use store-bought rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, leftover chicken, or any other cooked chicken.
- Egg noodles
- Cream of chicken soup: Or cream or mushroom soup. I had one can of cream of chicken soup with herbs and one can of regular cream of chicken so I used those.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Frozen mixed vegetables: Or frozen peas and carrots.
- Panko bread crumbs: I used Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs as that is what I had on hand. Regular bread crumbs or crushed Ritz crackers make great substitutions as well.
- Butter: Salted or unslated.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, and paprika.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Casserole
- COOK EGG NOODLES: Follow directions on the package to prepare al dente.
- COMBINE: Stir casserole ingredients together and spoon into baking dish.
- TOP: Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter.
- BAKE: Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
This casserole pairs perfectly with potato dinner rolls or homemade buttermilk biscuits!
More Easy Casserole Recipes
- Creamy chicken and rice casserole
- Chicken divan
- Cheeseburger casserole
- Chicken & dumpling casserole
- Chicken bacon alfredo pasta bake
- Tater tot casserole
Chicken Noodle Casserole
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles al dente according to instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine chicken, soup, cheese, sour cream, frozen veggies, salt, pepper, and paprika. Gently fold in noodles. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
- You can use Cream of Mushroom Soup in place of Cream of Chicken Soup, or use 1 can of each.
- Frozen peas and carrots can be used in place of frozen mixed veggies.
- While the recipe calls for panko bread crumbs, regular bread crumbs or crushed Ritz crackers can be used instead.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
This easy casserole recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck!
Dave Brooks says
do you dilute the soup with water or just add straight form the can.
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Right from the can – no diluting needed.
Dave Brooks says
great, gonna try this this weekend
Can you freeze left overs or it won’t be good?
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Freezing should be fine.