These easy, one bowl brownies are rich and fudgy. They’re loaded with chocolate chips to give every bite a decadent, melt-in-your-mouth taste.
Brownies have always been one of my favorite treats.
There was just something amazing about the smell of fresh brownies baking in the mother’s kitchen.
Now that I have a family of my own, I love baking them brownies. While this is my go-to brownies recipe, I make homemade cosmic brownies and s’more brownies from time to time as well for an extra special treat.
One Bowl Brownies
Homemade brownies don’t have to be difficult to make
This easy brownie recipe takes only 5 minutes to make. All of the ingredients get mixed in one large bowl, poured into an 8 x 8 inch pan, and baked for 15 minutes.
The result is the best brownies ever!
Need an easy dessert for a party or potluck? This recipe is easy to double (directions on doubling the recipe included below)!
Helpful Baking Supplies:
Additions & Substitutions
Nuts: These brownies have 1 cup of chocolate chips in them, but if you want a little more crunch you can also add 1 cup of pecans or walnuts.
Chocolate: This recipe uses milk chocolate chips in the batter, but you can swap these out for your favorite chocolate (white or dark chocolate). Or add ½ a cup more to make them extra chocolate-y.
Double the recipe: The serving size of this recipe is 9 brownies (an 8 x 8 inch pan cut into 9 squares). If you’d like to make more brownies, this is an easy recipe to double: simply double the ingredients and bake your brownies in a 9 x 13 pan, adding 5 minutes to the baking time.
Tips for Making the Best brownies
These helpful tips will help you make the best brownies!
How Do I Stop Brownies from Sticking to The Pan?
The best way to keep these brownies from sticking to the pan is to use nonstick cooking spray or line your pan with foil. If you use foil, wrap your pan in enough foil so that it goes over the edges of the pan (this will make removing the brownies easier). Be sure to also let your brownies cool before removing them from the pan.
How Long Should Brownies Cool?
Let your brownies cool for about 30 minutes before removing them from the pan. If you try to remove them before they’re fully cooled the brownies may still be too gooey on the inside and fall apart as you slice them.
What’s the Best Way to Cut Brownies?
Use a large, sharp knife to slice through the brownies once they’ve cooled. If you lined your pan with foil, you can lift the brownies out of the pan using the foil and slice them on a cutting board.
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Done?
After your brownies have baked for 15 minutes, test to see if they are done by sticking a fork or toothpick into the center. If it comes out with a few crumbs, the brownies are done. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies need to cook for a few minutes more.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, cocoa, sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. To see if the brownies are done, stick a fork or toothpick in the center of the brownies: if it comes out with crumbs the brownies are done; if it comes out with wet batter continue baking. Let brownies cool and cut into 9 squares.
- Add 1 cup of pecans or walnuts to the batter to add a bit of crunch.
- You can swap milk chocolate chips out for your favorite chocolate (white or dark chocolate). Or add ½ a cup more chips to make them extra chocolate-y.
- To double the recipe simply double the ingredients and bake your brownies in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday.