Looking for an easy lemon cookie recipe? These soft and chewy lemon cake mix cookies are incredibly delicious and super easy to make with just 3 ingredients!
Lemon desserts are a favorite in our house. There is just something about that combination of sweetness and tartness that we can’t get enough of.
Lately, I have found myself craving lemon cookies.
And luckily, I have found that having warm and tasty just-from-the-oven lemon cookies doesn’t have to be difficult.
In fact, all you need is a box of lemon cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and this easy lemon cookie recipe!
>> Related: Lemon Poke Cake
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Making these cookies is as simple as mixing together all of the ingredients, forming the dough into balls, and baking for about 10 minutes–just like our strawberry cake mix cookies and funfetti cake mix cookies.
The result is soft and sweet lemon cookies that are bursting with lemony flavor.
Lemon Cookie Tips
USE SILICONE: When to comes to cookies, I swear by silicone non-stick baking mats. They eliminate the need for non-stick cooking spray which can result in making cookies spread out too much while baking.
CHILL THE DOUGH: For best results, chill your cookie dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. Chilling the dough works to prevent spreading in the oven.
KEEP SIZE SAME: Make the size and shape of your dough balls the same to ensure even baking.
ROLL IN SUGAR: Roll each cookie dough ball in powdered sugar before baking for more of a crinkle cookie effect.
- 1 (15.25 oz ) box lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix well to combine cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar, if desired. Place dough balls on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring from cookie sheet to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Chilling the dough works to keep the dough from spreading as it cooks and results in puffier cookies. However, if you are short on time you can skip chilling the dough. The cookies will still taste yummy.
- Store covered in an airtight container at room temperature.
- For even baking, make sure all cookies are the same shape and size.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.