This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HERSHEY® for SheSpeaks. All opinions are 100% mine.
Inside: A delicious chocolate layer cake topped with all your favorite Easter candy: Cadbury Eggs, REESE’S Eggs, and Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs. Yum, yum, and yum!
This year I wanted to go all-out with our Easter cake. And what better way to decorate our Easter cake than with all of our favorite Easter candy?
REESE’S Eggs and Cadbury Eggs are available at Walmart. I mean, is it even Easter without these classic egg-shaped treats?!
I also bought a couple of REESE’S Shake & Break Eggs and Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs because I knew that they would help add beautiful spring colors to our Easter Cake. You can also choose to use Walmart Grocery Pickup.
I headed home to make an over-the-top Easter cake and I am thrilled with how it came out. It looked great and tasted great too–everyone was begging for a second slice!
How to Make an Easter Candy Cake
Starting with a boxed chocolate cake mix and premade whipped chocolate frosting is a huge time-saver and makes this truly a very easy Easter dessert to make.
Honestly, the magic of this Easter cake is all in the decorating anyway!
Let’s get started!
Follow the instructions on the cake mix to prepare two 8-inch or 9-inch round cakes.
Once the cakes have cooled fully, assemble the layers and frost the cake.
Now the real fun begins!
Unwrap about 20 REESE’S Eggs and use them to line the perimeter of the cake.
Then, unwrap and gently poke a hole in a REESE’S Shake & Break Egg and position it on top of the cake with the REESE’S Pieces Candy inside spilling out.
Use the Cadbury Eggs and Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs to further decorate the top of your cake.
If desired, you can decorate any empty space on your cake stand or plate with additional Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs. I found that they were the perfect way to fill in the empty space — plus my family loved snacking on them before it was time to cut the cake!
I hope that you and your family enjoy this eggstra fun Easter candy cake.
Remember you can find Easter supplies at Walmart or on Walmart.com. Click here to shop.
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the package
- 1 tub whipped chocolate frosting
- 20 REESE’S Eggs
- 4 Cadbury Eggs
- 1 bag Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs
- 1 REESE’S Shake & Break Egg
- Prepare two 9 inch round cakes as directed on the cake mix package. Allow cakes to cool fully.
- Place one layer on a cake stand or flat plate. Use an offset spatula or butter knife to top with chocolate frosting. Add the second layer of cake and continue frosting until the entire cake is covered (top and side).
- Line the perimeter of the cake with REESE’S Eggs.
- Top the cake with a REESE’S Shake & Break Egg cracked opened, and the REESE'S Pieces inside spilling out onto the cake. Use Cadbury Eggs and Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs to further decorate the top of the cake.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Pin for Later: