Make this delicious chocolate cherry dump cake with just 3 simple ingredients: devil’s food cake mix, cherry pie filling, and butter!
Chocoalte and cherry make a killer flavor combination, we love it in our chocolate cherry cookies as well.
If you are looking for an easy cherry dessert recipe, you are going to love this 3-ingredient chocolate cherry dump cake.
Not only is it ridiculously easy to make, but it tastes incredible too.
In fact, my husband says that this is the best dump cake he has ever had!
Easy Cherry Dump Cake
Although the name “dump cake” may not sound appetizing, I can assure you that this cake is 100% delicious.
We like to serve it warm and topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. So good!
So why is it called a dump cake?
The name “dump cake” simply refers to how easy the cake is to prepare: simply dump the ingredients into the baking dish! No mixing or stirring required at all.
Just dump, bake, and enjoy the chocolate-cherry deliciousness!
>> Related: Easy 5-ingredient no-bake eclair cake
How to Make Cherry Dump Cake
Start by gathering your ingredients.
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
You will also need a 9 x 13 baking dish and non-stick cooking spray.
Once you have everything that you need you can make the cake in just a few minutes. Or if you move really quickly, under 60 seconds!
- Add cherry pie filling to prepared baking dish.
- Top with cake mix.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don’t miss our no-bake cherry cheesecake recipe — it is another favorite in our house, especially in the summer months when we don’t feel like turning on the oven!
- 2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with a layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- Add both cans of cherry pie filling to the baking dish.
- Top with a layer of devil's food cake mix.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix, trying to cover as much of the cake mix as possible. (It won't cover it all - it is ok!)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges and dry on top.
- Serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.