Apple dump cake couldn’t be easier to make using a box of cake mix, apple pie filling, and melted butter.
In fact, 5 minutes of prep are all that you need to make this delicious Fall cake!
Like with chocolate cherry dump cake, all you need to do is pour the ingredients into your baking pan and pop it in the oven.
You don’t even need to stir anything or dirty any mixing bowls! How neat is that (pun totally intended)?
Tender apples and buttery cake mix combine for one irresistable Fall dessert.
3 ingredient apple dump cake recipe
All that you need to make this easy dump cake are 3 basic ingredients:
- cake mix (yellow or butter cake mix are both work well with this recipe)
- apple pie filling
That said, you can elevate the recipe with the addition of a few optional ingredients/ serving suggestions:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of apple pie spice or cinnamon to give the cake added flavor
- Add some crunch with the addition of chopped pecans
- Drizzle caramel sauce over each serving
- Top your warm apple cake with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to enjoy it à la mode
Here is how to make apple spice dump cake:
- Add apple filling to prepared baking dish.
- Top with cake mix.
- Sprinkle with pecans (if desired) and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake as diredcted in recipe card below and enjoy!
More must-try apple desserts for Fall
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Cracker Barrell Fried Apples – easy crockpot dessert
- Apple Nachos
- Glazed Apple Cookies
- 2 cans (21 oz each) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon, optional
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add both cans of apple pie filling to the baking dish. Sprinkle with apple pie spice (if using).
- Pour cake mix in an even layer over the apple pie filling. Top with pecans, if desired.
- Drizzle with melted butter, trying to cover as much of the cake mix as possible. (It won't cover it all - that is ok!)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges and dry on top.
- Serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.