Apple pie crescent rolls have all the flavor of a classic apple pie in one easy 3-ingredient Fall dessert.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to bring to a holiday dinner or just a flavorful fall snack, you can never go wrong with apple pie. But why go to the trouble of making a full pie when you can pack all the flavor of the classic dessert inside of a crescent roll?
The flakey, butter crescents are the perfect companion to the warm apple pie filling.
This simple recipe for apple pie filled crescent rolls is a quick and easy treat that can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
And since you only need three ingredients to whip up this fall treat, you’ll want to make it over and over again
They make for an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe as well!
This apple recipe is so easy to make because it can be prepared with just three ingredients!
To make these apple pie crescent rolls, you’ll need:
- Crescent rolls. The key to preparing this quick recipe is premade crescent roll dough. Any brand will work for this recipe! Since you’ll be rolling the dough with apple pie filling inside, make sure to use the pre-cut rolls and not crescent roll dough sheets.
- Apple pie filling. You can make your own apple pie filling, but if you’re hoping to prepare this dessert in less than 30 minutes, grab a can of premade pie filling to help speed up the preparation process.
- Carmel sauce. While a homemade recipe for caramel sauce will work with this dessert, premade sauce is perfect for garnishing your baked crescent rolls. Jarred caramel sauce or bottled caramel syrup are both great options for topping your apple pie bites after they’re finished baking.
How to Make Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
Since you only need three premade ingredients to put together this dessert, this recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Just follow these three simple steps to make your own apple pie crescent roll bites:
- Prepare the crescent rolls. Open the package of crescent rolls and unroll the dough. Separate each triangle and lay them on a flat surface.
- Stuff and bake. Top the bottom of each triangle with a spoonful of apple pie filling and roll up the crescent rolls. Bake the crescents according to the package instructions. Most crescent rolls should be baked at 375° F for 9 to 14 minutes.
- Garnish the apple pie bites. When the crescent rolls are golden brown, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. After the rolls have cooled, drizzle caramel sauce over the top of each mini apple pie before serving.
Recipe Additions and Variations
You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make with crescent rolls and apple pie filling!
And with that simplicity, comes the option to adjust the ingredients to transform the recipe into something new.
Try these recipe ideas to update this quick dessert recipe every time you make it:
- Add some nuts. Nuts are a great addition to any fruit-based dessert. To give your apple pie bites some crunch and more flavor, try sprinkling some chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts) on top of your apple pie filling before rolling the crescent rolls.
- Top with cinnamon and sugar. Caramel sauce adds some amazing sweetness to this quick dessert. But if you want a more classic apple pie flavor, try sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on top of your crescent rolls. After they’re finished baking, brush the crescent rolls with butter. Then, sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon sugar over each roll before serving.
- Use fresh apples. Filling your crescent rolls with premade apple pie filling is perfect when you’re looking for a quick dessert. But if you have some extra time, try placing fresh apple slices in your crescent rolls instead. Put one to two apple slices, apple pie spice or cinnamon, and sugar in the center of each crescent roll and roll it up. Bake the rolls according to the package instructions, then garnish with extra cinnamon and sugar.
- Add some cream cheese. Turn your apple pie crescents into a delicious Danish for breakfast with the help of cream cheese. Spread some cream cheese over the top of your crescent rolls before adding the pie filling, then bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Top with a cream cheese glaze. Another simple way to add some cream cheese flavor to your apple crescents is with the help of a cream cheese glaze. You can make a quick and easy glaze by placing a container of cream cheese frosting in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. After heating, stir the icing to mix it, then drizzle the melted frosting over the top of the prepared crescent rolls.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More of our Fall dessert faves
- 1 (8 count) package crescent roll dough
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Place apple pie filling on the wide end of each crescent roll triangle. Roll up the crescent rolls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the crescents to cool. Use a spatula to loosen the crescent rolls from the pan and drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.