This lemon poke cake with Jello couldn’t be easier to make. You start with a boxed cake mix and simply bake, poke, pour, chill, frost, and enjoy!
If you love lemon like I do you are going to go crazy for this lemon poke cake recipe!
While you can enjoy it all year long, like my strawberry poke cake, this dessert really makes a perfect light and cool dessert for spring and summer.
Bring the lemon jello cake to a potluck, serve it at your BBQ or holiday party, or make it to enjoy at home with the family. No matter the occasion, jello poke cakes are always a hit!
Lemon Poke Cake Recipe
Start by gathering your ingredients.
Lemon Poke Cake Ingredients
- White cake mix (plus vegetable oil, water, and eggs as directed on the box)
- Lemon Jello
- Cool Whip
- Lemon Frosting
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
How to Make Lemon Poke Cake With Jello
- BAKE: Prepare boxed cake mix in a 9 x 13 pan.
- POKE: Use a fork or the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.
- POUR: Mix Jello with water then pour on top of the cake.
- CHILL: Place cake in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- FROST: Beat Cool Whip and icing together, then top the cake with the creamy lemon frosting.
- If you prefer less of a lemon taste skip the lemon frosting and top cake with 8 oz of cool whip instead.
- Or if you want to up the lemon flavor try the recipe with lemon cake mix.
- Garnish with lemon zest or fresh lemon slices, if desired.
More lemon desserts you will love
- 1 (16.25 oz) white cake mix and water, oil, and eggs as called for on the box
- 1 (3 oz) package lemon Jell-O mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- 1 (16 oz) tub lemon frosting
- Prepare and bake cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the cake mix box. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes throughout the top of the cake using a large fork or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add Lemon Jello mix to a medium-sized bowl. Pour boiling water over gelatin and stir well for 2 minutes or until all the powder dissolves.
- Pour or spoon Jello evenly over the top of cake. Chill cake in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Beat Cool Whip and lemon frosting together in a medium-sized bowl. Frost cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store the cake covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For less lemon flavor top cake with 8 oz of Cool Whip and skip the lemon frosting.
- For more lemon flavor use a lemon cake mix instead of white cake mix.
- Garnish with lemon zest or fresh lemon slices if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421
Pin for Later: