An easy candy popcorn recipe made with different flavors of Jello, sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Make with your choice of Jello colors for a sweet treat.
We love making different flavors of popcorn.
Candy Popcorn Recipe
Bight and colorful Jello flavored popcorn is easy to make using just a few simple ingredients.
You will need:
- Popcorn: popped popcorn
- Sugar: Regular granulated white sugar.
- Corn syrup: Clear corn syrup is best as it will not darken the colors.
- Jello: Use regular Jell-O (not sugar-free). We used red, purple, and yellow but you can use any flavors you desire.
- Food coloring: Optional, but helpful it would like to brighten the colors.
How to Make Candied Jello Popcorn
- First, spread 1/3 of the popcorn onto a lined baking sheet.
- Next, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and Jello in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 3-4 minutes.
Note: If the mixture is too thick you can add up to 1 Tbsp of water to help thin it out. Stir in a few drops of food coloring to enhance the color, if desired.
- Pour Jello candy mixture over popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning candy popcorn over halfway through.
- Repeat with each additional flavor of Jello.
- Once the popcorn is cooled, remove from pan and break apart. Add all flavors of candy coated popcorn to a large bowl and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
I hope that you enjoy this easy candy popcorn recipe!
More Delicious Jello Desserts
- 9 cups popped popcorn, divided
- 2-3 Tablespoons each: red Jello, purple Jello, yellow Jello
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 9 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons white corn syrup, divided
- up to 3 Tbsp water, as needed
- Food dye (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners and spread 3 cups of popcorn out in an even layer on each. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine one color Jello mix with 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp butter, and 1 Tbsp corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, adding water as needed if the mixture appears too think. You can mix in a few drops of food coloring if desired to make the colors brighter.
- Boil candy mixture for 3-4 minutes then pour the candy mixture over one cookie sheet of popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, tossing the popcorn once halfway through. Allow popcorn to cool before removing from the baking sheet and breaking apart.
- Repeat step 1-4 with each color of Jello.
- Once all the popcorn is candied, combine all flavors in a bowl and toss gently to mix.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Pin for Later: