An easy candy popcorn recipe made with different flavors of Jello, sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Make with your choice of Jello colors for a sweet treat.
We love making different flavors of popcorn.
We have shared recipes for unicorn popcorn, cake batter popcorn, sundae popcorn, and are now excited to share this fun Jello candied popcorn recipe.
Candy Popcorn Recipe
Bight and colorful Jello flavored popcorn is easy to make using just a few simple ingredients.
You will need:
- Popcorn: popped popcorn
- Sugar: Regular granulated white sugar.
- Corn syrup: Clear corn syrup is best as it will not darken the colors.
- Jello: Use regular Jell-O (not sugar-free). We used red, purple, and yellow but you can use any flavors you desire.
- Food coloring: Optional, but helpful it would like to brighten the colors.
How to Make Candied Jello Popcorn
View the step-by-step photos and instructions below or check out my jello popcorn story.
- First, spread 1/3 of the popcorn onto a lined baking sheet.
- Next, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and Jello in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 3-4 minutes.
Note: If the mixture is too thick you can add up to 1 Tbsp of water to help thin it out. Stir in a few drops of food coloring to enhance the color, if desired.
- Pour Jello candy mixture over popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning candy popcorn over halfway through.
- Repeat with each additional flavor of Jello.
- Once the popcorn is cooled, remove from pan and break apart. Add all flavors of candy coated popcorn to a large bowl and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
I hope that you enjoy this easy candy popcorn recipe!
More Delicious Jello Desserts
- Strawberry Jello Pie – no-bake recipe!
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 9 cups popped popcorn, divided
- 2-3 Tablespoons each: red Jello, purple Jello, yellow Jello
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 9 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons white corn syrup, divided
- up to 3 Tbsp water, as needed
- Food dye, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners and spread 3 cups of popcorn out in an even layer on each. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine one color Jello mix with 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp butter, and 1 Tbsp corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, adding water as needed if the mixture appears too think. You can mix in a few drops of food coloring if desired to make the colors brighter.
- Boil candy mixture for 3-4 minutes then pour the candy mixture over one cookie sheet of popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, tossing the popcorn once halfway through. Allow popcorn to cool before removing from the baking sheet and breaking apart.
- Repeat step 1-4 with each color of Jello.
- Once all the popcorn is candied, combine all flavors in a bowl and toss gently to mix.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
Leave a Reply