An easy strawberry jello poke cake recipe made with strawberry Jello, white cake mix, and Cool Whip.
Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
If you like strawberry shortcake you are going to love this strawberry poke cake.
Strawberry Jello is poured into holes in the top of the cake to inject strawberry deliciousness throughout the cake.
Then the cake is topped with Cool Whip for a light and creamy finish.
Like my lemon poke cake, this strawberry poke cake is incredibly moist, yet light and cool. It is served straight from the fridge making it an especially wonderful dessert for summertime.
Jello poke cakes are a classic dessert and perfect for potlucks, barbeques, and parties in general.
No matter when or where you serve up this strawberry poke cake, one thing is for sure–everyone will love it!
How to Make Strawberry Poke Cake
First things first. You will need to gather your ingredients.
Jello Poke Cake Ingredients:
- White cake mix + ingredients called for on box (likely oil, water, and eggs)
- Strawberry Jello mix + water
- Cool Whip
- Strawberries for garnish, if desired
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
First, prepare a 9 x 13 cake using a basic white cake mix.
Now grab a wooden spoon or fork and get ready for the best part!
Poke holes all over cake using a fork or the end of a wooden spoon. Let the kids help–my son begs to help with this step!
Next, prepare the strawberry gelatin and pour it evenly over the top of your cake. The jello mixture will seep down into the holes giving the cake a sweet strawberry flavor.
Chill for at least 3 hours to allow the Jello to set and cool completely.
Finally, top the cake with Cool Whip whipped topping (and fresh strawberries, if desired) before serving.
If you are lucky enough to have any of this delish Jello poke cake leftover, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
More Tasty Jello Desserts
- 1 (16.25 oz) white cake mix and water, oil, and eggs as called for on the box
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- sliced strawberries for garnish, if desired
- Prepare white cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the package. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes after removing from the oven.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon or large fork, poke holes throughout the top of the cake.
- Add strawberry Jello mix and boiling water to a medium-sized bowl. Stir well for 2 minutes or until fully dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Pour or spoon Jello evenly over the top of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 3 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with fresh strawberries before serving, if desired.
- Make ahead and let chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday.