No-bake Strawberry Cheesecake is an easy and delicious dessert made with vanilla wafers, butter, strawberry jam, strawberry pie filling, whipped topping, cream cheese, and sugar. It can also be made with fresh strawberries.
This easy strawberry dessert starts with a buttery vanilla wafer crust, adds a light and fluffy strawberry cheesecake filling, then tops it with sweet strawberry pie filling and whipped topping.
Similar to no-bake strawberry jello pie and no-bake strawberry cheesecake bars, this no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is full of fresh strawberry flavor and especially perfect for hot summer months. Because who wants to turn on the oven in the summer?
The cake’s beautiful red and pink colors also makes it a great option for Valentine’s Day!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Vanilla wafer crumbs— We used Nilla wafers. Feel free to switch this out for graham crackers or chocolate graham crackers if you prefer.
- Salted butter— If you use unsalted butter, add an extra pinch of salt to help with flavor.
- Brown sugar— You can replace this with granulated white sugar.
- Cream cheese— I always use Philadeliphia cream cheese for my cheesecakes.
- Granulated white sugar— Switch this out for brown sugar if necessary, though the color will be slightly darker.
- Strawberry jam— Try this with fresh strawberries instead. Dice them small and then heat them in a saucepan over medium heat with some sugar, cold water, and lemon juice until boiling. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until they break down, stirring often. Let the resulting syrup cool completely and use it instead of the jam. You will need about ¾ cup.
- Strawberry pie filling
- Whipped topping— I use Cool Whip but you can use the store brand version or even make your own whipped cream. To make whipped cream beat cold heavy cream and powdered sugar together on high speed into stiff peaks using your stand mixer’s whisk attachment.
- 9 inch springform pan
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring tools
- Piping bag and tip
How to Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the vanilla wafer crumbs, salted butter, and brown sugar until completely combined.
Step 3: Firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom of the springform pan to create a crust. Set in the refrigerator to chill until you have finished with the filling.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, use a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
Step 5: Add in the ½ container of whipped topping and strawberry jam and beat until completely combined.
Step 6: Spread the cream cheese mixture into the pan on top the crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. It should be completely set.
Step 7: Once the cheesecake has set, release the cake from the springform pan and set on a cake plate for decorating.
Step 8: Top the center of the cake with the strawberry pie filling. Spread into an even layer but don’t go all the way to the sides, or the filling will drip over the edge.
Step 9: Place the whipped topping into a piping bag with a star tip (I used a 1M Wilton tip) and pipe decorative swirls or florets onto the edge of the top of the cheesecake before serving.
You can store this strawberry dessert in the refrigerator. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and it will last up to 3 days.
You can also store it in the freezer for up to 3 months, without the whipped topping. Thaw in the refrigerator before cutting and serving with fresh whipped topping.
Tips for the best no bake strawberry cheesecake
- Use a springform pan. If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a normal cake pan or baking dish, but when you go to decorate the cake with the filling and whipped topping, keep the cake in the pan. It isn’t easy to get slices of this cake out without a springform pan, so just accept that your slices may not be as pretty. You’ll likely need to scoop out pieces, rather than cut them out.
- Use a food processor. You can make your vanilla wafer crumbs in one of two ways. Either stick them in the food processor and pulse them until they are crumbs, or put them in a large plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin or another smashing object. For best results, it’s a good idea to use the food processor because it creates a nice even fine crumb.
- Use your food processor once more. If you make your vanilla wafer crumbs in the food processor, you can also use this to mix the butter and sugar in and create the crust. Once the wafers are completely crumbled, add the mleted butter and sugar, then pulse until they are mixed together completely. You can skip the step of adding them to a bowl this way.
- Soften your cream cheese. Make sure to use soft, room temperature cream cheese so that it will be easier to beat with the sugar. If it’s too chilled, it will be lumpy and will be difficult to mix.
- Make it ahead. This easy no bake cheesecake recipe is best when chilled overnight. Make it the night before your event so that it has plenty of time to chill. This will ensure it sets up properly and slices nicely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you could use prepared graham cracker crust instead of making a homemade vanilla wafer crust. However, I do not recommend this because you will have too much filling. It also makes more of a no-bake strawberry pie as opposed to a no-bake cheesecake.
Both no-bake and classic cheesecake are delicious. The difference is mainly in the texture. A traditional cheesecake is made with eggs, baked in a water bath, and has a creamy and dense texture. On the other hand, a no-bake cheesecake is much lighter and softer. It really comes down to personal preference.
While it’s best to soften cream cheese by bringing it to room temperature in the course of a few hours, you can use the microwave to soften it faster. Put one cream cheese package, unwrapped, at a time in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, flipping once after 15 seconds. If it isn’t quite soft enough, add another 10-15 seconds. Be careful not to melt it.
More no-bake dessert recipes
- No bake eclair cake
- Blueberry delight
- No bake cherry cheesecake
- Fruit pizza
- Lemon lush
- Old-fashioned no-bake cookies
- Lemon icebox pie
- 2 ½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (~ 70 cookies crumbled)
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- ½ (8 ounce) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- ½ (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar until completely combined.
- Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan to create a crust. Set in the refrigerator to chill until you have finished with the filling.
- For the filling, use a hand or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in the ½ container of whipped topping and strawberry jam and beat on low speed until completely combined.
- Spread the strawberry mixture into the springform pan atop the crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. It should be completely set.
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove the cake from the springform pan and set on a cake plate for decorating.
- Top the center of the cake with the strawberry pie filling. Spread evenly but don’t go all the way to the sides, or the filling will drip over the edge.
- Place the whipped topping into a piping bag with a star tip (I used a 1M Wilton tip) and pipe decorative swirls or florets onto the edge of the cheesecake.
How to make cookie crumbs. Either stick the vanilla wafers in the food processor and pulse them until they are crumbs, or put them in a large plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin or another smashing object. For best results, it's a good idea to use the food processor because it creates a nice even fine crumb.
Chill overnight if possible. This easy no bake cheesecake recipe is best when chilled overnight. Make it the night before your event so that it has plenty of time to chill. This will ensure it sets up properly and slices nicely.
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 883
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.