These red, white, and blue firework cupcakes featuring fireworks shooting out of the top make the perfect dessert to serve at your 4th of July party.
Made with Pop Rocks, Hershey Kisses, Life Savers, and sprinkles, this 4th of July dessert recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Summer has arrived and the 4th of July is just a little over a week away. What better way to celebrate than with a delicious 4th of July dessert recipe?
Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to make these adorable and festive 4th of July Firework Cupcakes.
These red, white, and blue cupcakes would look great displayed on a dessert table alongside our 4th of July ice cream cone cupcakes.
For even more tasty 4th of July dessert ideas, check out these 20 fruit-filled patriotic dessert recipes.
4th of July Firework Cupcake Ingredients
- prepared cupcakes
- white frosting
- white Chocolate Melting Discs
- blue and red Pop Rocks
- Cookies ‘n' Creme Hershey Kisses
- red Life Savers Gummies
- blue Life Saver Gummies, Neon
- Life Saver Mints
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- patriotic straws
Making 4th of July Firework Cupcakes
Begin with prepared vanilla cupcakes.
You can make your cupcakes from scratch or use a boxed mixed. Either will work just fine for this recipe.
Frost your cupcakes and sprinkle with red, white, and blue sprinkles.
Melt about 1 cup of the white chocolate discs per package directions.
Dip Kisses into the white chocolate and set on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with Pop Rocks.
Allow the chocolate to set fully.
Cut each straw to the desired length for your cupcakes.
Melt another cup of white chocolate melts.
Thread Life Savers on to each straw, in a red, white and blue pattern as shown in the images. Then, dab a bit melted chocolate on top of the blue Life Savers and use it to “glue” the Kisses on top.
Allow the firework straws to set.
Finally, push a firework straw down into each cupcake, with the Kisses pointing up in the air at a little bit of an angle.
That is it. Your 4th of July Firework Cupcakes are now ready to serve.
Enjoy and have a fun 4th of July!
More red, white, and blue treats ideas:
- 4th of July red,white, and blue fudge
- Strawberry firecracker pops
- Red, white, and blue yogurt popsicles
- 12 cupcakes, prepared according to instructions on box
- 1 tub white frosting
- 2 cups white chocolate melting discs
- 1 package Blue Pop Rocks
- 1 package Red Pop Rocks
- 12 Cookies 'n' Creme Kisses
- 12 red Life Savers Gummies
- 12 blue Life Savers Gummies, Neon
- 12 Life Savers mints
- patriotic sprinkles
- 12 Patriotic Straws
- Frost each cupcakes and add sprinkles.
- Melt 1 cup white chocolate per package directions. Dip Kisses in the white chocolate, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle Kisses with blue and red Pop Rocks and allow to dry.
- Cut each straw to desired length for your cupcakes.
- Melt 1 cup white chocolate. Thread a red, a white, and a blue Lifesaver onto each straw. Place a dab of melted chocolate onto the blue Lifesavers and stick the Kisses on top so that they resemble a firework pointing into the air.
- Once the chocolate has set, push each firework down into a cupcake.