Red white and blue 4th of July Jello Cups are an easy patriotic dessert recipe made with red Jello, blue Jello, and Cool Whip.
If you are looking for a tasty 4th of July dessert idea you will love these layered jello cups!
This red white and blue dessert is super easy to make–all you need is 2 boxes of Jello and a tub of Cool Whip!
The most difficult part is waiting for the layers to set before adding the next. But trust me, these festive and patriotic desserts are worth the wait!
For a red, white, and blue layered jello recipe with alcohol, try these these tasty 4th of July Jello Shots!
Here is what you will need…
- Red Jello – strawberry, raspberry, or cherry work well
- Blue Jello – berry blue or blue raspberry are great options
- Cool Whip – for the white layer
- Water – boiling water and cold water, as per Jello instructions
- Sprinkles – optional, but a nice touch
- Prepare red Jello, add to the bottom of cups, and allow to set.
- Add a layer of thawed Cool Whip and chill.
- Prepare blue Jello. Refrigerate for 15 minutes then add to Jello cups and return to the fridge to set.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired, and serve.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Make sure to pour the blue jello layer gently on top of the cool whip layer so that you don’t disturb it.
- For a healthier option, top your Jello Cups with blueberries and chopped strawberries instead of sprinkles.
- If you are in a hurry use the “speed set method” on the Jello box, this way your layered jello cups with cool whip will set quicker.
- Switch up the colors/flavors to make layered Jello cups for other holidays. Try red and green for Christmas or two shades of red for Valentine’s Day.
- Store patriotic jello Cups covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to two days.
More easy red white and blue desserts
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Trifle
- Firecracker Strawberry Pops
- Red, White, and Blue Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
- 4th of July Pretzel Bites
- Firework Cupcakes
- 4th of July Fudge
- 1 (3 oz) box Red Jello
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (3 oz) box Blue Jello
- boiling water and cold water, as per Jello instructions
- patriotic sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare the red jello according to the package directions. Divide the jello between your cups and place them in the fridge to chill until the jello has fully set (about 2 hours).
- Once the first layer has set, divide the Cool Whip between the cups. Smooth the top of the Cool Whip using an offset spatula or a spoon. Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill again-- about 2 hours.
- Prepare the blue Jello according to the package directions. Place the blue Jello in the fridge for about 15 minutes. You don't want it to start to set, just to cool down a bit. Divide between the cups and place them back in the fridge to set completely (about 2 hours) and ready to serve.
- Serve chilled. Top with red, white, and blue sprinkles before serving, if desired.
The size of glasses/cups you use will determine how many servings the recipe will yield.
Store covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to two days.