Oatmeal lemon creme bars feature a crumbly oatmeal crust topped with a sweet, creamy lemon filling and more crumbly oatmeal. Yum!
There is just something lemon desserts that keep me wanting more and more. The sweetness combines with a bit of tartness for a taste that is just incredible.
It isn’t just me– my husband loves lemon desserts as well. Especially my lemon poke cake and these amazing oatmeal lemon creme bars.
Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars
If you are looking for a sweet yet refreshing dessert, you will love these lemon bars. They are especially amazing to make during the spring and summer months.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Lemon Creme Filling
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, sugar, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the butter mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Add half of the oatmeal mixture to the bottom of your baking dish and press down in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg yolks.
- When the crust is done baking, remove from the oven and spread the lemon filling in an even layer over the crust. Top with the remaining half of the oatmeal mixture.
- Return to the oven for 25-28 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool at room temperature then place into the fridge to chill for at least an hour before slicing and serving (I like to chill overnight).
Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Trans Fat: 0g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later: